Zermatt Helicopter sightseeing experience?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2017 at 4:55:20 #812003

Goodmorning, just woke in beautiful Neuchatel, will be in Zermatt today & tomorrow before taking the GEx. Talking to someone who lives in Switzerland, they indicated that taking a helicopter ride by “Zermatt Air” is well worth the experience? We would appreciate any feedback by anyone with this experance. Also are any discounts avaliable that you know of?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2017 at 11:07:39 #864079

Sorry Peter,

I have taken scenic helicopter rides but not in Switzerland – they are usually quite good if it is in your budget! I haven’t heard of any discounts for these trips.

Lucas

Annika
    7104 posts
    28 May 2017 at 13:45:09 #864080

Hi Peterzier,

I think you’re referring to “Air Zermatt”. They’re a well-known rescue and helicopter company. More information about their tourist flights can be found here. With good weather this will for sure be a memorable activity! Enjoy your stay!

hockeyfan
    Participant
    162 posts
    28 May 2017 at 23:57:22 #864081

We did this three years ago and yes, yes, yes, it is well worth it. Make sure as others have said the weather is good. We took the longer of the two flights. I have forgotten…maybe 20-25 minutes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 8:49:35 #864082

Thanks all, will be leaving on a heli tour today, ( Monday ) Beautiful cloudless day in Zermatt and the Matterhorn. I’ll let you all know how it works out.

Annika
    7104 posts
    29 May 2017 at 13:25:31 #864083

That’s great peterzier! I hope it’s a great experience. Yes, we’d love to hear about it. Could you post about it in our trip report forum?

• The thread ‘Zermatt Helicopter sightseeing experience?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.