Zermatt Helicopter sightseeing experience?

Zermatt Helicopter sightseeing experience?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 28, 2017 - 4:55 AM

Goodmorning, just woke in beautiful Neuchatel, will be in Zermatt today & tomorrow before taking the GEx. Talking to someone who lives in Switzerland, they indicated that taking a helicopter ride by "Zermatt Air" is well worth the experience? We would appreciate any feedback by anyone with this experance. Also are any discounts avaliable that you know of?

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
May 28, 2017 - 11:07 AM in reply to Removed user

Sorry Peter,

I have taken scenic helicopter rides but not in Switzerland - they are usually quite good if it is in your budget! I haven't heard of any discounts for these trips.

Lucas

Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
May 28, 2017 - 1:45 PM in reply to Removed user

Hi Peterzier,

I think you're referring to "Air Zermatt". They're a well-known rescue and helicopter company. More information about their tourist flights can be found here. With good weather this will for sure be a memorable activity! Enjoy your stay!

Last modified on May 28, 2017 - 1:45 PM by Annika
hockeyfan
hockeyfan
20 posts
May 28, 2017 - 11:57 PM

We did this three years ago and yes, yes, yes, it is well worth it. Make sure as others have said the weather is good. We took the longer of the two flights. I have forgotten...maybe 20-25 minutes.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 29, 2017 - 8:49 AM in reply to hockeyfan

Thanks all, will be leaving on a heli tour today, ( Monday ) Beautiful cloudless day in Zermatt and the Matterhorn. I'll let you all know how it works out.

Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
May 29, 2017 - 1:25 PM

That's great peterzier! I hope it's a great experience. Yes, we'd love to hear about it. Could you post about it in our trip report forum?

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018