Zermatt: Hotel Tannenhof to cable car station?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2016 at 23:27:51 #808918

We’ll be in Zermatt at the end of August and I’ve just booked us two tickets for a Fondue event on the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise cablecar. We’ll arrive on the Glacier Express from St Moritz at just after 5:00pm and we need to be at the meeting place at 6:15pm. How far a walk is it from Hotel Tannenhof (where we’ll be staying) to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise valley station?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2016 at 3:53:07 #850816

I’ve changed our booking to the Cabana Apartments. Better location and almost the exact same price as Tannenhof. Any opinions on Cabana Apartments?

Annika
    7104 posts
    16 April 2016 at 13:21:34 #850817

The Cabana Apartments are indeed in good central location, right next to the train station and Gornergrat cogwheel train station. It’s a 15 to 20 minute walk from there to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise cable car station. There are buses too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2016 at 18:48:06 #850818

Thank you Annika. Can I ask which of these two places you would recommend? Originally I thought the Cabanas was closer to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise valley station than it is. But now I’m not sure which accommodation to reserve.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 April 2016 at 8:47:30 #850819

Hi Canadarocks,

Both get good reviews and both are centrally located but in a slightly different location. Zermatt is small so everything is relatively close by. The Tannenhof is about 10 minutes from the cable car.

• The thread ‘Zermatt: Hotel Tannenhof to cable car station?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.