Zermatt, Lauterbrunnen – bikes, mountain transport

• Cyclefiend
    Participant
    13 posts
    30 April 2023 at 19:59:36 #829728

My wife and I will be visiting Switzerland the entire month of June, ’23. How far in advance should I book things like mountain transport, bicycle rentals, paragliding? I’m most concerned about weather conditions on any given day. Is it reasonable to make these arrangements within 2-3 days (depending on the forecast), or should I book earlier than that? We are particularly interested in activities in Zermatt, Verbier and Lauterbrunnen/Murren.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    1 May 2023 at 4:49:07 #953932

Hi Cyclefiend,

Generally there is no need to book mountain transportation such as gondolas, cable cars and cogwheel train in advance. All you need is a valid ticket or rail pass.

If you are interested in exploring Zermatt and Lauterbrunnen on two wheels, you can rent bikes or e-bikes from various sport shops either directly or online. Some SBB station offers bike rental services which allows you to choose where to pick up and return your bikes. You can check out the locations here: http://www.rentabike.ch/en/ . You are allowed to take your bicycles with you on public transport but may need to pay a supplement. You can find more information here: http://www.sbb.ch/en/timetable/travel-advice/bicycles.html

For activities such as paragliding, you can find tours and packages in the following links:

You should contact the sport shops in Lauterbrunnen, Zermatt and Verbier directly for information and to book your slots.

Regards,

Anna

Cyclefiend
    Participant
    13 posts
    7 May 2023 at 17:15:15 #953933

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the information.

Andy

• The thread ‘Zermatt, Lauterbrunnen – bikes, mountain transport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.