Zermatt or Glacier 3000 with teen boys?

Zermatt or Glacier 3000 with teen boys?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Uallin
Uallin
46 posts
Jul 4, 2017 - 1:10 PM

Hi!

Just came across Glacier 3000 and it looks fabulous ! I think our 2 teen boys would love the Tissot Walk. May I know if this walk is open and safe in late Feb?

We have actually planned Lauterbrunnen Top of Europe 1 night- Zermatt Gornergrat 2 nights - Lucerne 1 night - Zurich 2 nights. If we were to go Glacier 3000, we will probably have to give up Zermatt. In terms of experience and views, which destination would you vote for? It really is a tough decision... It will be a lot of time in the train if we do both. Then the itinerary will run Lauterbrunnen Top of Europe 1 night- Zermatt Gornergrat 2 nights - Gstaad Glacier 3000 1 night - Zurich 2 nights (day trip to Lucerne).

Kindly advise. Thank you.

Lucas
Lucas
3376 posts
expert &
Jul 5, 2017 - 5:11 PM in reply to Uallin

Hi Uallin,

Yes, everything should be open in February and quite safe (unless they close it for weather reasons for example).

I think for scenery I would choose Zermatt with Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn to take in the views of the Matterhorn itself - however it is a very expensive town!

Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017