Zermatt or Glacier 3000 with teen boys?

• Uallin
    Participant
    115 posts
    4 July 2017 at 13:10:06 #812503

Hi!

Just came across Glacier 3000 and it looks fabulous ! I think our 2 teen boys would love the Tissot Walk. May I know if this walk is open and safe in late Feb?

We have actually planned Lauterbrunnen Top of Europe 1 night- Zermatt Gornergrat 2 nights – Lucerne 1 night – Zurich 2 nights. If we were to go Glacier 3000, we will probably have to give up Zermatt. In terms of experience and views, which destination would you vote for? It really is a tough decision… It will be a lot of time in the train if we do both. Then the itinerary will run Lauterbrunnen Top of Europe 1 night- Zermatt Gornergrat 2 nights – Gstaad Glacier 3000 1 night – Zurich 2 nights (day trip to Lucerne).

Kindly advise. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2017 at 17:11:08 #866212

Hi Uallin,

Yes, everything should be open in February and quite safe (unless they close it for weather reasons for example): http://www.myswissalps.com/glacier3000.

I think for scenery I would choose Zermatt with Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn to take in the views of the Matterhorn itself – however it is a very expensive town!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Zermatt or Glacier 3000 with teen boys?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.