Zermatt to Interlaken seat reservation

Zermatt to Interlaken seat reservation

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mariausher
mariausher
4 posts
Mar 24, 2018 - 4:35 AM

I have a swiss Flexi pass. Do I need to have a seat reservation for the train from Zermatt to Interlaken? We then intend to go straight to Lauterbrunnen.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3688 posts
expert
Mar 24, 2018 - 5:31 AM in reply to mariausher

Hi Maria,

No you don't need a reservation unless you plan to travel on the Glacier Express from Zermatt to Brig. But that would cost you CHF38 just for a seat reservation. There are plenty of regular train departures which won't require a reservation.

As I mentioned in response to your earlier thread, if you go via Kandersteg you will travel on the Regio-Express Lötschberger train from Brig over the traditional, more than 100 year old mountain route, giving you a wonderful view along the impressive peaks and down into the Rhone Valley. It takes about 1 hour longer than the faster route which follows the longish Lötschberg Base tunnel from Visp. But the scenery is worth it if you have the time to spare.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018