Zermatt to Interlaken seat reservation

• mariausher
    Participant
    8 posts
    24 March 2018 at 4:35:30 #814924

I have a swiss Flexi pass. Do I need to have a seat reservation for the train from Zermatt to Interlaken? We then intend to go straight to Lauterbrunnen.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 March 2018 at 5:31:50 #879657

Hi Maria,

No you don’t need a reservation unless you plan to travel on the Glacier Express from Zermatt to Brig. But that would cost you CHF38 just for a seat reservation. There are plenty of regular train departures which won’t require a reservation.

As I mentioned in response to your earlier thread, if you go via Kandersteg you will travel on the Regio-Express Lötschberger train from Brig over the traditional, more than 100 year old mountain route, giving you a wonderful view along the impressive peaks and down into the Rhone Valley. It takes about 1 hour longer than the faster route which follows the longish Lötschberg Base tunnel from Visp. But the scenery is worth it if you have the time to spare.

• The thread ‘Zermatt to Interlaken seat reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.