Zermatt to Lucerne via Glacier & Gotthard Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2017 at 15:15:57 #811490

On 2nd June 2017 We 3 adults are travelling from Donaueschingen, Germany to Schaffhausen to Rhine Falls. Then from Rhine Falls to Interlaken Ost for the stay at Jugendherberge Interlaken. Feeling a bit nervous as we reach Interlaken at 9:51 PM.

On the 3rd of June 2017, early morning, we are planning to take a train from Interlaken to Zermatt to board the Glacier Express to Andermatt. Followed by Cog wheel train and on the Gotthard Panorama Express via Goeschenen to Lucerne.

Where we have booked our stay on the 3rd June 2017 in Lucerne.

I read on some web page that I can combine the travel in one day.

How can I book this journey.

Can I get soon tips on how to move on from Lucerne by 13:00 hrs to Salzburg on the 4th June 2017.

Thank you

Pratima

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    22 April 2017 at 12:22:04 #861927

Hi Pratima, thanks for joining us!

If you want to catch the official Glacier Express, you’ll have to leave Interlaken Ost as early as 06:00. You can then board the Glacier Express that leaves Zermatt at 08:52 and arrives in Andermatt at 11:46. Next up is the train to Göschenen. There you can wait for the 13:44 official Gotthard Panorama Express connection, arriving in Lucerne at 16:47. Alternatively you can board an earlier regular train to Lucerne, and if you like you can get off in Flüelen and board a regular boat to Lucerne there: myswissalps.com/boatla kelucerne.

The entire trip can be found in the timetable at myswissalps.com/timeta ble: enter Interlaken Ost as your departure station, enter Lucerne as your arrival station and fill out the right date and departure time. Hit “Get schedule”. Once at the SBB site, click “Change”, click “Advance search” and enter Zermatt and Göschenen as via-stations. Alternatively you can search options for each leg separately by entering the respective arrival and departure stations for each section.

If you pick a connection that includes the official panoramic trains, you’ll have to arrange for seat reservations:

The timetable I mentioned also provides information on your journey from Lucerne to Salzburg.

A 3 day Swiss Travel Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card may help you save money:

• The thread ‘Zermatt to Lucerne via Glacier & Gotthard Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.