Zermatt to Luzern in 2 days -best route & stopover

Zermatt to Luzern in 2 days -best route & stopover

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Flurvin71
Flurvin71
7 posts
Jun 2, 2018 - 6:23 AM

I’m be in Zermatt Sunday evening and Monday (early October) and looking at the GEX on Tuesday. I have accomodation booked in Luzern for Wednesday and Thursday night and fly out of Zurich on Friday.

i was wondering what the best town to stay Tuesday night? I have tentatively booked in St Moritz but not sure if that is best. It will be early October and only looking at views and town atmosphere (chocolate, cheese eating)

rockoyster
rockoyster
3839 posts
expert
Jun 2, 2018 - 6:29 AM in reply to Flurvin71

I would either stay at Chur or bat on for another 2 hours and have another night in Luzern.

Lucas
Lucas
8012 posts
expert &
Jun 2, 2018 - 8:17 AM in reply to Flurvin71

Hi Flurvin71,

You can use the Swiss railways timetable (https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable) to plan the trips trips out and see what is manageable for you.
Chur would be a more convenient stop to get to Luzern then next day, but St. Moritz is a bit more interesting in my opinion.

When you head to Luzern though from either town I would go via St. Gallen and take the Voralpen Express, rather than go via Zurich (which is the faster route).

Read through a quick trip report I made on the Voralpen Express here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/forum/topic/st-gallen-voralpen-express-from-zurich

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018