Zermatt to Luzern in 2 days -best route & stopover

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 6:23:51 #816378

I’m be in Zermatt Sunday evening and Monday (early October) and looking at the GEX on Tuesday. I have accomodation booked in Luzern for Wednesday and Thursday night and fly out of Zurich on Friday.

i was wondering what the best town to stay Tuesday night? I have tentatively booked in St Moritz but not sure if that is best. It will be early October and only looking at views and town atmosphere (chocolate, cheese eating)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 June 2018 at 6:29:02 #887057

I would either stay at Chur or bat on for another 2 hours and have another night in Luzern.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 8:17:00 #887058

Hi Flurvin71,

You can use the Swiss railways timetable (https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable) to plan the trips trips out and see what is manageable for you.
    Chur would be a more convenient stop to get to Luzern then next day, but St. Moritz is a bit more interesting in my opinion.

When you head to Luzern though from either town I would go via St. Gallen and take the Voralpen Express, rather than go via Zurich (which is the faster route).

Read through a quick trip report I made on the Voralpen Express here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/forum/topic/st-gallen-voralpen-express-from-zurich

• The thread ‘Zermatt to Luzern in 2 days -best route & stopover’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.