Zermatt to Täsch with the Swiss Travel Pass

• Angel7105
    Participant
    65 posts
    15 February 2020 at 1:12:57 #825223

Hi,

I booked my accomodation in Tasch. From Zermatt train station about 12 min.by shuttle train. Can i know with this swiss travel pass ride from zermatt to Tasch is it free ? Why i ask that, because i try to check the train schedule using SBB mobile. I cant find the “Tasch” location at all .

Please help.

Angel7105

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 February 2020 at 1:36:16 #930181

Hi Angel,

Yes it is covered. Type in Tae . . . . and you will see Täsch appear in the list of options. On an iPhone just hold the “a” key and you will get the option to type in “ä” which will speed up the process. I don’t know how to do that on Android.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2020 at 1:44:09 #930182

Täsch is the last station before Zermatt on the MGB railway line from Visp to Zermatt. It is served by all Visp – Zermatt trains as well as the shuttle trains which serve the ‘park and ride’ car parking at Täsch.

The Swiss Travel Pass is valid on all MGB trains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2020 at 1:49:02 #930183

Warning – highly technical information coming up!:

This is a German language grammar problem. The two dots symbol is known as an umlaut (diaeresis)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaeresis_(diacritic)

Many places in German speaking countries have ä in them. In German ä is an abbreviation of ae, so look out on maps to see if a place is actually spelt with ä rather than a ‘normal’ a

If you see that try writing ae instead of a. In fact it is acceptable to type ae as an alternative to using the dierisis

• The thread ‘Zermatt to Täsch with the Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.