Zermatt travel pass options for 4 hiking days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Caroline679
Caroline679
11 posts
Nov 11, 2018 - 8:08 PM

Other than the Swiss Half Fare Card and the Swiss Travel Pass, are there any other travel pass options that are specific to Zermatt and its environs? We’ll be doing four days’ worth of single-day hikes from our Zermatt hotel, and will therefore need to get ourselves up into the mountains from town for each of those day-trips.

P.S. We *love* myswissalps.com! Great site, and much appreciated!!

1960man
1960man
1873 posts
top member
Nov 12, 2018 - 12:19 AM in reply to Caroline679

When will this be? Summer, autumn, winter, spring?

The peak pass is intended for non-skiing users of the uphill lifts in Zermatt:

www.matterhornparadise .ch/en/Book/Online-tickets/Peak-pass

Last modified on Nov 12, 2018 - 12:20 AM by 1960man
Caroline679
Caroline679
11 posts
Nov 12, 2018 - 12:49 AM

We’ll be traveling in early September; and definitely hiking, not skiing. Sorry I didn’t think to mention that. Thank you for letting us know about the Peak Pass.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Nov 12, 2018 - 7:48 AM in reply to Caroline679

Hi Caroline679,

There is also the Adventure Card for the Zermatt and wider region. Have a read on our web page here for more details: www.myswissalps.com/ad venturecard

Mark
Mark
356 posts
top member
Nov 12, 2018 - 11:36 PM

Hi Caroline

We were in Zermatt in September 2017 and were told by our hotel staff that there was a pass available for the chair lifts, cable cars, and Gornergratbahn cog train. As I remember it was pricy and you needed to stay 3 or more days to make it worthwhile. We just used our HFC instead. I don’t know if it was the Adventure Card or not. I would suggest you contact you Zermatt hotel Concierge to check on what’s available and the price. Mark

1960man
1960man
1873 posts
top member
Nov 13, 2018 - 12:55 AM

Let's face it - one doesn't actually have to use uphill transport at all if that is one's choice. You can hike from Zermatt village. As such it might be cheaper to get the occasional normal ticket if only using uphill lifts once or twice

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019