Zermatt travel pass options for 4 hiking days

• Caroline679
    Participant
    47 posts
    11 November 2018 at 20:08:09 #818923

Other than the Swiss Half Fare Card and the Swiss Travel Pass, are there any other travel pass options that are specific to Zermatt and its environs? We’ll be doing four days’ worth of single-day hikes from our Zermatt hotel, and will therefore need to get ourselves up into the mountains from town for each of those day-trips.

P.S. We *love* myswissalps.com! Great site, and much appreciated!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 November 2018 at 0:19:18 #898965

When will this be? Summer, autumn, winter, spring?

The peak pass is intended for non-skiing users of the uphill lifts in Zermatt:

http://www.matterhornparadise .ch/en/Book/Online-tickets/Peak-pass

Caroline679
    Participant
    47 posts
    12 November 2018 at 0:49:28 #898966

We’ll be traveling in early September; and definitely hiking, not skiing. Sorry I didn’t think to mention that. Thank you for letting us know about the Peak Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 November 2018 at 7:48:20 #898967

Hi Caroline679,

There is also the Adventure Card for the Zermatt and wider region. Have a read on our web page here for more details: http://www.myswissalps.com/ad venturecard

Mark
    Participant
    804 posts
    12 November 2018 at 23:36:20 #898968

Hi Caroline

We were in Zermatt in September 2017 and were told by our hotel staff that there was a pass available for the chair lifts, cable cars, and Gornergratbahn cog train. As I remember it was pricy and you needed to stay 3 or more days to make it worthwhile. We just used our HFC instead. I don’t know if it was the Adventure Card or not. I would suggest you contact you Zermatt hotel Concierge to check on what’s available and the price. Mark

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 November 2018 at 0:55:36 #898969

Let’s face it – one doesn’t actually have to use uphill transport at all if that is one’s choice. You can hike from Zermatt village. As such it might be cheaper to get the occasional normal ticket if only using uphill lifts once or twice

• The thread ‘Zermatt travel pass options for 4 hiking days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.