Zurich/Rümlang to Rhein Fall and Stein am Rhein?

• cspratik
    Participant
    44 posts
    25 March 2018 at 6:17:21 #814940

Hey Guys,

On 3rd May, I will have to checkout from Lucerne in morning to Zurich (Holiday Inn Airport Hotel near Rümlang) (checkin 2pm) and this will be the last day for my consecutive swiss travel pass.

Is it possible to keep luggage at Rümlang station and directly go to Rhine falls and Stein am Rhein instead of wasting time for checkin in afternoon? I am planning to come back by evening so that I can explore local zurich after checkin to hotel. Is there any boat ride in rhine river which is covered in STP and is on my way?

Do you guys also have any more suggestions for this day?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 March 2018 at 6:53:11 #879708

You could probably drop bags off at your hotel even if check-in is not until later.

There is a Rhine River Cruise which runs from Schaffhausen (or you can join it at Stein am Rhein) to Konstanz (or Kreuslingen) which is covered by the STP. See http://www.myswitzerland.com/ en-au/lower-lake-untersee-and-rhine.html.

• The thread ‘Zurich/Rümlang to Rhein Fall and Stein am Rhein?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.