Zurich accommodation options /good location

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2018 at 7:51:49 #817325

Hello Team, After my 5 days tour across switzerland, zurich will be my last destination before flying out. I will be travelling on train from Lucerne to Zurich. I am spending 2 days in zurich. Want to know a strategic location to stay to make use of 2 days, by visiting key landmarks/activities.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks!

RVMountain

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2018 at 14:51:15 #891719

Hi RVMountains,

We have a list of our suggestions here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/zurich/hotels and we note how far they are on foot from the train station and downtown – most are right in town and close to everything.

Do any of the hotels there appeal to you? if not, let us know your dates and what price range and star quality you are looking for and we can try to narrow it down for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2018 at 18:55:46 #891720

I have stayed at the Hotel Ni-MO in Seefeldstr. before and am booked to stay there again i=at the end of Sept. going into October. It’s a bit closer to Stadelhofen station than the main station (Hauptbahnhof), but IS on a direct tram line to main, is literally just around the corner from Stadelhofen for getting back to the airport at the end of what I hope has been a great holiday, and is in a nice neighbourhood just two blocks from the lake, very central, close to the Opera house and a ten minute walk on the flat to Bahnhofstr.,

the Fraumunster, to the night life of Niederdorf and the cultural aspects of Oberdorf and Altdorf. A few nice restaurants that spill out onto the sidewalk and a very safe environment. I would stay nowhere else and in fact a few tacky self-catering apartments and even just rooms in the city are equivalently priced. Good Luck 🙂

• The thread ‘Zurich accommodation options /good location’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.