Zurich Airport customs: time needed for Americans

Zurich Airport customs: time needed for Americans

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Caroline679
Caroline679
1 post
Jun 29, 2018 - 6:29 PM

How much time should I allow as an American going through Customs at Zurich Airport? We will be flying in, and then catching a train right there at the Zürich Airport railway station (Bahnhof Zürich Flughafen). I’d be most appreciative of any advice on how much time that whole transition could take, so I can choose a realistic departure time for my train reservations.

Lucas
Lucas
8865 posts
expert &
Jun 29, 2018 - 7:39 PM in reply to Caroline679

Hi Caroline679 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would give yourself about an hour from landing to your train departure - maybe a little more to be safe. Although train reservations are very uncommon in Switzerland and generally not needed (or often not possible). Certainly not for Zurich airport to main station. Trains depart every 6-10 minutes if not more often to the main station.

Read more about reservations here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/reservatio ns

Last modified on Jun 30, 2018 - 8:14 AM by Lucas
Nbunim
Nbunim
19 posts
Jun 30, 2018 - 2:06 AM in reply to Caroline679

Hi I’m not an expert but frequent traveler to switzerland . You definitely don’t need to do reservation on train from Zurich Airport to Zurich Bahnhof . Plus they ran very often . I think whole trip is 5min . Don’t worry about it .

kim11
kim11
429 posts
top member
Jun 30, 2018 - 10:24 PM

Hi Caroline

even if you are traveling further than main station (like, say to Wengen or Zermatt) you still don’t need a reservation. Trains run about every 20 to 30 minutes. So just go thru customs and buy your ticket for the next train there at airport train station. Easy breezy

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018