Zurich Airport to Interlaken stopover at Zurich HB

• SHAMOZA
    Participant
    10 posts
    17 April 2019 at 19:02:29 #821040

Hello.. Am new here. Will be arriving Zurich in June and staying at interlaken. need some guide here

Q –

1- If we plan to stop over at Zurich HB and then Lucerne do i need to purchase separate tickets Airport to Zurich HB,ZurichHB to Lucerne and Lucerne to interlaken? Or i can just buy Zurich airport to Interlaken and allowed for stop over at Zurich HB and Lucerne?

2- At Zurich HB i can find few luggage left but its available at Lucerne? And stop over an hour or two at lucerne for a short trip is recommended? As at Zurich Hb intend to do the 2 hours tour.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 April 2019 at 19:24:28 #909625

Hi Shamoza2004,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. One ticket is sufficient for the day. From Lucerne you can take the Golden Pass route to Interlaken: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass.

2. Zurich and Lucerne both make a good stop, and both stations have lockers:

Before committing to tickets, be sure to consider a rail pass for your entire stay. You may not need tickets then:

SHAMOZA
    Participant
    10 posts
    17 April 2019 at 19:42:09 #909626

Thanks Very Arno. I have Half Fare Card and will look into this how to utilized it.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 April 2019 at 6:26:02 #909627

You’re welcome! You’ll find all Swiss Half Fare Card details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard.

SHAMOZA
    Participant
    10 posts
    19 April 2019 at 9:58:57 #909628

Hai Arno.

“One ticket is sufficient for the day. From Lucerne you can take the Golden Pass route to Interlaken”

We go tru the route already and accidently son (10 years old) saw the “Chocolate Train” on the Golden Pass Route. Anything special about that train other than its Chocolate in colours? Recommended to go for a try? if so, could we just purchase ticket for that Luzern – Interlaken sector only or maybe buy Saver day pass? Don’t think with my planned one ticket “Zurich Flughafen – Interlaken” could let us ride on this special train… Seems too many things to cover in a single route itself!! 🙂 🙂

Annika
    7116 posts
    19 April 2019 at 13:02:01 #909629

Hi Shamoza! The Chocolate Train is an excursion that takes pretty much all day. It leaves from Montreux, which is quite far from Interlaken and at the southern end of the Golden Pass line. The train heads for the medieval town of Gruyères and for the Cailler Chocolate Factory in Broc, where visitors can enjoy a tour and taste chocolate. You won’t be able to combine it with your inbound trip Zurich-Lucerne-Interlaken. If you have time you can make it a separate day trip from Interlaken, provided you’re in Montreux early enough for the train’s departure (8h44 am).

SHAMOZA
    Participant
    10 posts
    20 April 2019 at 12:41:47 #909630

Thanks Annika!

Seems gonna skip this Chocolate Train. Insufficient time..

Regards

• The thread ‘Zurich Airport to Interlaken stopover at Zurich HB’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.