Zurich Airport to Interlaken - Train vs shuttle

Zurich Airport to Interlaken - Train vs shuttle

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Alanita67
Alanita67
3 posts
May 13, 2018 - 9:22 PM

Traveling to Interlaken for 8 days with two 76 year olds and family of four including 16 year old twins. Looking for the best way to travel with luggage to the flat in Interlaken. I know trains are efficient, I just worry with all of the luggage and the age of the moms that we will struggle to get on the train and change trains. Don't want to use the luggage service and be without our luggage for a day or two. I do see a shuttle van for less than $100 per person which would seem to be more efficient with the moms and their limited mobility after 20 hours of travel.

Once we are in Interlaken we will take day trips for the week. It appears that the regional pass along with the half fare card would be our best bet? Thoughts? We will go to Jungfrau and Rigi, Lucerne, and Shilthorn. We will also take the boat at Brienz or Thun and Lucerne. Does this seem reasonable?

Lucas
Lucas
8951 posts
expert &
May 13, 2018 - 11:10 PM in reply to Alanita67

Hi Alanita67 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is also an express same day luggage service just as an FYI.

You'll need to plan out all your trips, find prices and do the math to compare various rail passes to know the best option. We have a web page here to help figure out prices and do the math: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass.

A Swiss Travel Pass includes the transfer from the airport to Interlaken and back. If you prefer a shuttle then you can take a look here: https://www.getyourgui de.com/zurich-l55/transfer-from-zurich-airport-to-wilderswil-interlaken-t133086/.

Last modified on May 29, 2018 - 8:25 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018