Zurich Airport to Lucerne using Tell Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2018 at 14:17:39 #818828

Hi everyone and thanks in advance! We fly into Zurich end of November and have 4 nights booked in Lucerne. We plan on buying a 2day Tell Pass for day 2 & 3 of our stay- after reading the SBB site and Tell Pass page I am a bit confused about whether or not we can get to Lucerne on day 1 using the Tell Pass? We definitely won’t be exploring out of Lucerne on the first day so don’t want the Tell Pass to start until day 2 &3 as I said above. Just not sure if we are better off to buy a supersaver ticket from Zurich- Lucerne for the day of our arrival or if we can use the Tell Pass as a single trip from the airport to Lucerne- any help would be much appreciated

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2018 at 16:58:30 #898478

Hi Nnixon5,

If the Tell Pass (http://www.myswissalps.com/te llpasswinter) will be valid for day 2 and 3 then you can’t use it for any travel on day 1.

You’ll need to buy a regular (or supersaver) ticket to get to Lucerne. Be careful as Supersaver tickets are valid for a specific departure time and train only. So if your flight is late etc. you may miss the train and need to buy another ticket. Non-supersaver tickets are valid for any train on that route on that day.

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/discounts

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2018 at 20:06:32 #898479

Thank you so much Lucas! That is much clearer- and I hadn’t thought about the flight or baggage being delayed…great point- thanks again!

• The thread ‘Zurich Airport to Lucerne using Tell Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.