Zurich Airport to Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2013 at 3:01:21 #806003

Hi All,

I will be arriving in Zurich on 5 June 2013 and has to proceed on to Lucerne. I have bought the 8days Swiss Pass which I intend to use starting 8 June 2013 for the longer journeys. That being so, I intend to buy the normal train ticket from Zurich-Lucerne. Do I take the SBB trains or are there any other railways I should consider ? Should I buy the tickets online or should I just buy it at the station on the day I arrive ? Since I am arriving at about 8am, how much time do I need to clear the immigration, get my luggages and get to the train platform to board the train so I can estimate the departure time of the train ticket that I should be buying ?

Thanks for your advice,
    Patrick KL.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 May 2013 at 5:52:47 #838711

Hi Patrick,

You don’t need seat reservations in Switzerland; your ticket is valid for any train from Zurich to Lucerne on the date printed on the ticket. You can get your ticket online or at the rail station. You’d just take any train you find in the timetable. Tickets are valid for all train operators.

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2013 at 7:42:59 #838712

Direct trains to Luzern leave the airport at 47 minutes past each hour. It might be a little tight for the 8:47 am train but if you buy your ticket in advance you can go directly to platform 4.
    Dick

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2013 at 12:18:36 #838713

Thanks for all the advice. It has been most helpful.

Regards

• The thread ‘Zurich Airport to Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.