Zurich airport to Lugano with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2017 at 15:31:30 #813143

I will be arriving to zurich airport on 13th sept ,flight reaching at 6.55 am.I wish to travel to lugano by train from zurich airport.Can someone guide me if there is a train directly from the airport itself?I will be buying a swiss travel pass,so will this pass be good to be used for this journey?

The swiss travel pass,how long does it take to get once I purchase it online?Do they send it electronically?Does it need validation at the time of first travel?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2017 at 17:14:54 #869300

Hi Pooja64,

There are no direct trains from Zurich Airport to Lugano. You will need to change at least once at Zurich train station. Use the timetable here to plan your trip.

The Swiss Travel Pass can be bought online here and emailed to you for printing at home. It usually is emailed to you on the same day, but could take up to 3 days in rare cases. No validation is required, you enter your start date when buying the Swiss Travel Pass.

The Swiss Travel Pass covers almost all trips in Switzerland (including to Lugano yes). See a PDF map here for more details.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Zurich airport to Lugano with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.