Reverse itinerary due to Glacier Express stop Oct?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2019 at 1:10:24 #823429

Hi,

I will arrive Zurich on 9 Oct (arrived at 13.20) and initial plan was to catch a train from airport to Luzern.

Original itinerary from 9 Oct – 16 Oct :

• 9-10 Oct : Luzern – Mt Tiltis
    • 11-12 Oct : Interlaken – Jungfraujoch
    • 13 – 14 Oct : Zermatt – Glacier Express: Zermatt – St. Moritz
    • 15 Oct : Zurich – Rhine Falls
    • Depart Zurich on 16 Oct

But due to Glacier Express stop operation on 13 Oct, I might have to go the other way round : Zurich-Zermatt-Interlaken-Luzen-Zurich. Please advise if this workable.

Also please advise how do I go to Zurich from St.Moritz.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7122 posts
    17 August 2019 at 6:54:39 #920198

Hi Cyber!

Sure, it’s no problem to reverse yor plans and do them the other way around in order to include the Glacier Express. Another option would be to stick to your original schedule, but make the trip from Zermatt to St. Moritz by regular trains. That does take considerably longer though, as you’ll have to change trains a couple of times, and I personally would prefer the comfort and additional information provided along the way of the actual Glacier Express trains. We explain about the differences at http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress.

The ride from Zurich to St. Moritz is pretty straightforward, with only one change in Chur, and it will take about 3h00 to 3h20. You’ll find all connections in the SBB timetable at http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2019 at 13:47:12 #920199

Hi Annika,

Thank you so much for your advise and the link on Glacier Express 🙂

I would like to experience ride on Glacier Express, will reverse my plan.

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2019 at 9:23:36 #920200

Hi Annika,

As mentioned, I plan to take Glacier Express : Zermatt – St. Moritz, but I do not want to stay overnight in St Moritz. Would like to catch train back to Zurich on same day. Please advise if it is possible.

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2019 at 15:14:15 #920201

Hi Cyber,

If you’re ok spending another 3.5 hours in the train that day it can work, depending on the arrival time. Please use the timetable provided by Annika to work out details.

Happy planning.

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2019 at 16:36:33 #920202

Hi Steph,

Thank you for your reply.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2019 at 7:51:50 #920203

Hi Cyber,

You’re very welcome! We’re here anytime to provide further support!

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Reverse itinerary due to Glacier Express stop Oct?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.