Zurich – Buchs booked via OBB covered by STP ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 4:14:08 #816709

Just want to double check my assumption is correct, being any train in Switzerland will be covered by Swiss Travel Pass.

The train ticket I need to book (Zurich to Prague) are only available from OBB, and the train will travel from Zurich to Prague via Buchs, so I am assuming I only need to purchase the ticket from Buchs to Prague, and use my STP for Zurich to Buchs on the same train.

Is my assumption correct ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 11:34:35 #888614

Yup. Exactly. The train type or ‘owner’ doesn’t matter – only the route.

You can take a look at some other websites to book tickets to Austria here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/traintickets/aus tria

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 5:51:33 #888615

Lucas,

Link you sent is interesting. Every sites quote different price, some with 10x more than others. Anyway would like to confirm when the booking site asked for ‘what pass’ I got, is the Swiss Travel Pass being CFF SBB GA 2nd class ? I found the service provided by OBB between Zurich and Linz has no difference on price with or without the travel pass information, so not sure if I quoted the correct one. Even more interesting is if I went to OBB site and quote for Buchs to Linz, it is more expensive than Zurich to Linz quoted by TRAINLINE.eu site, and no option for seat reservation for this route.

Rgds/KL

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 11:52:58 #888616

The GA is similar to the Swiss Travel Pass but offers discounts on trips between Switzerland and Austria that Swiss Travel Pass holders are not entitled to.

You’ll want to buy a regular ticket (no discount) from Buchs.

A10 times more expensive price seems odd for sure; but prices do fluctuate on international routes – go with the cheapest of course. 🙂

• The thread ‘Zurich – Buchs booked via OBB covered by STP ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.