Are Zurich train & bus stations safe at night?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2019 at 6:42:47 #823902

Hello,

We are going to reach Zurich in morning the 3.40 am via flixbus from Nice, France.

Pls. Suggest will it be safe to stay there till 6.00 am, as we need to go to Lucerne and have booking there.

Also suggest which one is safer, Zurich bus station or Zurich train station for me and my wife.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2019 at 11:25:04 #922354

Hi Rajatgahoi,

in general Switzerland is a safe country. Just to make sure nothing happens, keep an eye on your luggage. Although it won’t be a comfortable waiting for you as the waiting rooms – and probably the stations too – are closed so early. Be aware it can be really cold in September during the night.

On which day will you arrive from Paris? Maybe you should look for a fast food restaurant or bar close to the station.

Learn more about Switzerland: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland

Arno
    15481 posts
    18 September 2019 at 11:33:29 #922355

Hi Rajatgahoi,

I’d also wait at or near the train station, but do keep in mind that the station is not designed to stay overnight. Most areas will be closed. I recommend to search http://www.flixbus.co.uk for a direct Nice to Luzern bus as they offer those too.

• The thread ‘Are Zurich train & bus stations safe at night?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.