Apr 23, 2016 - 9:37 PM
in reply to meghaswiss
Sorry checking your message a little late (per India).... Its 11:30pm here.
1. Ideally you can book a ticket from Paris (Gare de Lyon ; TGV Lyria) to Vallorbe. I just read in another post today, this is the border station between France and Switzerland. Train does not stop here but its the zone where it crosses border... So your Swiss Travel Pass will give you a free ride from there to your destination. But I don't think you would be able to put that as a destination on TGV's site. So you are better off with Paris Gare de Lyon to Genevé.
2. From Genevé, your shortest / quickest route will be : Genevé to Bern & Bern to Interlaken. So you have only one change @ Bern. The Golden Pass is a route and not a specific train but a route from Interlaken to Montreux. The Panoramic coaches run between Zweisimmen to Montreux and the reverse. So I don't see a real reason why you would want to lengthen your journey with luggage.
3. The Genevé station is the same from you can change trains for Interlaken. The other station is the Genevé airport station (not for you in this respect).
4. Golden Pass route is covered by the STP.
5. Sorry if I did not mention it in my previous posts, you should install the SBB mobile app on your android / iphone as its super handy to check the currently running and available trains/bus between your source and destinations stations. At home, you can use their website www.sbb.ch/en to check train options between any two stations. Your best option would be to travel from Genevé to Bern and Bern to Interlaken OST. Remember that Interlaken West is a different station than Interlaken OST (OST station is to go to Jungfrau). So per your hotel reservation go to the correct station.