Passes for 2 days Zurich & Rhine Falls

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sulnata
sulnata
32 posts
May 31, 2016 - 7:05 AM

we are visiting Zurich for 2 days. I have following queries;

1. Day 1 :we will be visiting Rhine falls from hotel in Oerlikon. For this can I buy All zone zvv pass or 9 Oçlock day pass ? will this cover trip upto Schloss laufen am rhine fall station Schaffhausen station

2. for day 2, we willbe visiting Zurich city area,uetliberg,lake Zurich short cruise & Limmat river cruise, Will Zurich Card or zvv day card cover all this all this

sskundu
sskundu
127 posts
May 31, 2016 - 9:39 AM in reply to sulnata

I am a bit surprised that in 2 days you don't plan to visit either of Titlis or the Jungfrau (unless you have already seen them in the past). I was in Swiss in late April this year for 3 days and my first day was to Titlis and 2nd day being the Rhine. But personally I did not find the Rhine Falls that great or attractive (no offense here). It was a calm and soothing place (that time with less tourist) to sit through till about 6pm when shops start winding up.

Arno
Arno
13973 posts
expert &
May 31, 2016 - 9:45 AM

Hi sulnata,

1. Yes, the ZVV all zone pass covers the trip the Schloss Laufen. Please see www.zvv.ch/zvv/en/trav elcards-and-tickets/zones/zone-maps.html for maps.
  2. Yes, you can either get a ZVV pass for a few zones (only transportation) or a ZurichCARD (transportation + attractions like museums).
sulnata
sulnata
32 posts
May 31, 2016 - 5:56 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno for the information

Mr SSkundu. . Pl note we have planed to visit Lucern & Interlaken after Zurich trip.

sulnata
sulnata
32 posts
May 31, 2016 - 6:09 PM in reply to sulnata

ARNO , One doubt left. Can we buy 9 Oclock day pass for trip to Schloss Laufen ? or only ZVV all zone pass is required for Schloss Laufen

Arno
Arno
13973 posts
expert &
May 31, 2016 - 6:24 PM

The 9 O'Clock day pass is for all zones as well. Should not be a problem, but to be 100% sure you can ask the staff before you buy it. I have not used this particular pass myself, but as far as I know, the only difference is the price, and the time limitation.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019