Passes for 2 days Zurich & Rhine Falls

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2016 at 7:05:17 #809305

we are visiting Zurich for 2 days. I have following queries;

1. Day 1 :we will be visiting Rhine falls from hotel in Oerlikon. For this can I buy All zone zvv pass or 9 Oçlock day pass ? will this cover trip upto Schloss laufen am rhine fall station Schaffhausen station

2. for day 2, we willbe visiting Zurich city area,uetliberg,lake Zurich short cruise & Limmat river cruise, Will Zurich Card or zvv day card cover all this all this

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2016 at 9:39:12 #852437

I am a bit surprised that in 2 days you don’t plan to visit either of Titlis or the Jungfrau (unless you have already seen them in the past). I was in Swiss in late April this year for 3 days and my first day was to Titlis and 2nd day being the Rhine. But personally I did not find the Rhine Falls that great or attractive (no offense here). It was a calm and soothing place (that time with less tourist) to sit through till about 6pm when shops start winding up.

Arno
    15483 posts
    31 May 2016 at 9:45:25 #852438

Hi sulnata,

1. Yes, the ZVV all zone pass covers the trip the Schloss Laufen. Please see http://www.zvv.ch/zvv/en/trav elcards-and-tickets/zones/zone-maps.html for maps.
    2. Yes, you can either get a ZVV pass for a few zones (only transportation) or a ZurichCARD (transportation + attractions like museums).
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2016 at 17:56:52 #852439

Thanks Arno for the information

Mr SSkundu. . Pl note we have planed to visit Lucern & Interlaken after Zurich trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2016 at 18:09:21 #852440

ARNO , One doubt left. Can we buy 9 Oclock day pass for trip to Schloss Laufen ? or only ZVV all zone pass is required for Schloss Laufen

Arno
    15483 posts
    31 May 2016 at 18:24:04 #852441

The 9 O’Clock day pass is for all zones as well. Should not be a problem, but to be 100% sure you can ask the staff before you buy it. I have not used this particular pass myself, but as far as I know, the only difference is the price, and the time limitation.

• The thread ‘Passes for 2 days Zurich & Rhine Falls’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.