Zurich self guided tour – 2 to 3 hours

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2018 at 6:11:22 #817940

Dear Sir,

This site be of immense helpful for making program of our own visit. I have another query with regard to my visit.If any expert can answer be highly appreciable.

We are reaching Zurich on 23rd Nov at main station and wanted to have a 2 hours Zurich city visit before proceeding to Luzern. So, i wanted to know whether any good self guided city tour from train station be done for 2-3 hours……thanks and regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2018 at 12:04:54 #894443

Hi Hansaria,

Yes, we note a walking tour of Zurich you can do in a couple hours. We note the details and information needed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/zu rich/activities

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    18 August 2018 at 20:35:02 #894444

One of the best self guided tours is a tram ride. There are plenty of options in the Zurich area and certainly within the time frame you mention. You’ll “mix” with the locals and there’s always a local cafe at or near the end of the line where you can pop in for a quick coffee. If “taking in” everyday life in Zurich (or whatever city you’re visiting) a public transport ride can’t be beaten. The beauty about trams is that because they’re on rails you always know when they stop. The same applies for trolley buses (also in Zurich but less common than trams) because the overhead wires define the routes.

Whatever. enjoy your travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2018 at 10:48:35 #894445

Thanks Lucas Sir……website given detailed about self guided tour of Zurich of 2 hrs app…..I agree with Gunzel, no journey completes unless one mingle with locals tastes….and the best way to do it is using local transport, and visiting local market be either food or clothings…and then any such vacation gets complete….as our arrival stay at Luzern, so we will not having luxury of city pass facility at Zurich, and I think,for one or two mixing of tram ride shouldn’t be a problem either, which ticket can be purchased directly at the tram itself?..?

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    19 August 2018 at 10:50:27 #894446

More likely from the kerbside ticket machines rather than on the vehicles hansaria but yes there will be a day ticket (tageskarte) in Luzern.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2018 at 5:07:24 #894447

Dear Lucas Sir,

herein one my question relates to transfer of luggage….as we are coming from Paris to Zurich with our luggage through TGV train and be wanted to sightseeing Zurich for 2-3 hours before proceeding to Luzern same day…I had been advised for keeping luggage at Zurich station but i also heard that we can directly transfer our luggage to Luzern station also and after our excursion from Zurich when we reached to Luzern, we collect our luggage from the station….

So, i wanted to know whether anything such arrangement is possible and if so, with whom i need to contact for further enquire about the same for charges etc??

thanks and regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2018 at 8:49:20 #894448

Hi Hansaria,

We have details on luggage storage and sending to other stations here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Though express services have been cut, so same day delivery wouldn’t be possible. I’d stick with storing bags at Zurich station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2018 at 9:05:27 #894449

Thanks Lucas Sir for your expert advice…..as we are now planning to roam around Limmat river only for 2 hours approx and probably some souvenir shopping and food intake around the lake .

So, rather searching luggage stoarge place and further wasting time , if having one trolley suitcase for each person, then i wanted to know, whether its convenient to roam around the lake with the trolley (provided no raining offcourse in Nov) with us only or the streets around the lake area not suitable to carry trolley luggage with us while wandering??

Your valuable advice be highly be appreciated…and even any traveller having faced similar situation at Zurich, their input also highly be appreciable..

thanks and regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2018 at 15:10:24 #894450

It is certainly possible to go around with your luggage, assuming it isn’t too large and heavy for you. I’d probably just store them in lockers if there is more than 1 piece of luggage per person. But up to you 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 August 2018 at 0:08:47 #894451

There area lot of lockers at Zürich Main Station. In late November they will not be full.

Use them.

Slowpoke

PS- the Rheinfall is too far away for your available time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2018 at 4:46:52 #894452

Thanks for your valuables input……rheinfall in late Nov, very less water and not attractive enough, so let go rather decided to use 2/3 hours wandering Zurich city and particularly lake area…..I certainly use locker facility as per advice as it’s too way convenient also…..thanks all again….

• The thread ‘Zurich self guided tour – 2 to 3 hours’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.