Lyon to Chur train connection times

• hillfarm101
    Participant
    8 posts
    8 February 2018 at 10:23:48 #814293

Hi

Looking forward to our trip to Zermatt in a couple of weeks. I have booked nearly all trains except the days in the middle of trip when we intend to use our 4 day Travel Pass.

I know Swiss trains have a great reputation for punctuality so … arriving in Zurich at 14.26 (from Lyon) will we have enough time to change on to the 14.39 to Chur? If you feel the timing is OK, we will buy ticket Zurich-Chur ahead of travel dates, so we won’t need to mess around buying tickets but to get cheapest fare I do need to specify which train out of Zurich ie the 14.39 …

We have decided to do the Glacier route via “local trains” after a fantastic experience on local trains rather than Bernina Express last September. I hope that isn’t too stupid?!

Advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2018 at 12:54:51 #875919

Hi hillfarm101 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You should have no problem with that connection no. You can use the SBB timetable to plan the trip – there are quite a few trains per hour to Chur in case you miss the connection. If you don’t buy a SuperSaver ticket (indicated with a % sign in the timetable) then the ticket is valid for any train that day.

Ya, I think regional trains on the Glacier and Bernina Express are just fine. Not quite the same but almost. 🙂

hillfarm101
    Participant
    8 posts
    8 February 2018 at 13:09:16 #875920

Hi Lucas

Brilliant news. Thank you so much.

🙂

• The thread ‘Lyon to Chur train connection times’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.