5 day itinerary between Zurich and Geneva

5 day itinerary between Zurich and Geneva

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
braidiew
braidiew
1 post
Jul 28, 2017 - 2:43 AM

Hiya

I am wanting to get some tips or an idea of an itinerary. We have 5 nights to work with and so far were thinking:

1 night in Lucerne and do a day trip to Pilatus then train to Engelberg and then stay one night at Mt Titlis.

The highlights from here we want to see are of course the Jungfraujoch, Lauterbrunnen and Schilthorn. By the sounds of it Interlaken is quite a touristy hub city which we are not looking for. Would it be worth staying in Wengen or Murren for 2nights and going a day trip to Jungfraujoch via Grindelwald and then a day trip to Schilthorn and Lauterbrunnen In the one day?
After this we would continue via train with one night in Montreux then finishing in Geneva. I would like to hear anybody's thoughts and recommendations as we are open to options. We really like the adventure side of things and are more into the scenery and small village feel for 3 young ladies from New Zealand

Lucas
Lucas
3375 posts
expert &
Jul 28, 2017 - 5:27 AM in reply to braidiew

Hi Braidiew and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, I would certainly look at staying in Mürren or Wengen for the Jungfrau region. Both towns are really quite nice and work well for your plans. Lauterbrunnen may be a bit more convenient with train connections to various places/areas though.

To help you with your choices, click on the town links above to see what you can see and do in the area, and where to stay.

Use the Swiss railways timetable to help plan your trips and look through the various Swiss rail passes here and if you need help choosing the best rail pass read through our page here.

Let us know if you have further questions!
Lucas

Last modified on Jul 28, 2017 - 5:30 AM by Lucas
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3758 posts
expert
Jul 28, 2017 - 9:32 AM in reply to braidiew

Hi Braidiew-

To consider the possible routes for any particular day, in addition to the timetable linked by Lucas, this map may help you:

map.search.ch/?pos=640520,161536&z=32 &poi=bergbahn,halteste lle,zug

I've used the menu to turn on icons for transport stops.

Slowpoke

Last modified on Jul 28, 2017 - 9:32 AM by Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017