Zurich to Geneva via Gruyere and Broc in 1 day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2017 at 8:05:11 #813261

We have 1 day to get from Zurich to Geneva and would like to stop in Gruyere and Broc to see the cheese and chocolate factories, and the picturesque towns. Unfortunately we will not be traveling on a day that the Chocolate train runs.

My research says we can go Zurich-Zuzern-Interlaken-Zweisimmen-Gruyere-Broc-Bulle-Romont-Geneve by traveling from 7 am to 9 pm, with 2.5 hrs in Gruyere and Broc each.

I think that the best pass for us would be the Geneva 3 day travel pass plus a single train ticket from Zuirch to Geneva. I thought we’d get reservations where possible.

We also plan to send our luggage directly from Zurich to Geneva.

Can anyone tell me if this plan is totally unrealistic or just a very busy day?

Thank you all in advance! We really appreciate any suggestions you might have.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2017 at 17:18:14 #869814

Hi alpspsj and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It sounds like a long day but doable an you seem prepared for it. 🙂
    If you haven’t used it already you can plan everything with the Swiss railways timetable here.

You can read more about, and find options to buy the Regional Pass – Lake Geneva here (if that is what you were referring to?)

Lucas

• The thread ‘Zurich to Geneva via Gruyere and Broc in 1 day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.