Zurich to Italy with Swiss Travel Pass ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 14:25:10 #815629

Hello Everyone,

My husband, my 9 years old daughter and myself (3 people) are planning to visit Switzerland in June 24 – June 27, 2018. We will be coming from Paris by TGV Lyria to Zurich on June 24 and plan to go to Italy on June 27. I’m trying to determine a few things…

1. Should we buy the 3 days Swiss Travel Pass for my husband and I? And my daughter will get a free family pass?

2. What is your recommendation for the best itinerary during June summer time using the Swiss Travel Pass?

3. What is the best and free route covered by the Swiss Travel Pass to enter Italy?

I really want to maximise my short visit without having spend too much money on transportation. I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you all…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 19:51:13 #883692

Hi Fiantika, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. If you buy a Swiss Travel Pass you can order a free Swiss Family Card. In order to know which pass is most economical for your itinerary you will need to plan out all your specific trips and compare prices of tickets vs. both passes. We have a web page on how to choose the best rail pass to help you with the math.
    2. We don’t create itineraries here. We do have information on our website which may help you get started: Plan your trip, Where to go and What to do.
    3. I would say Domodossola, but if you include the Bernina Express in your itinerary you’ll cross the boarder in Tirano.

I hope this helps.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    1 May 2018 at 2:47:58 #883693

Hej !

My first question to you would be to ask where you plan to go in Italy ? It’s hard for anyone to give you advice if you don’t provide this information. If you are going to Milan, then the best (least expensive) way would be by going as far as Chiasso in the south of the canton of Ticino.

Regarding your question number 2: You are arriving in Zurich on the 24th and leaving for “Italy” on the 27th. Have you given any thought to what you would like to do and see during the two full days (July 25 and July 26) you will be in Switzerland ? You certainly will be somewhat restricted to possibilities with only two days. I suggest that you look at what you might be able to do using Lucerne as a base for at least two of the three nights you will be in Switzerland.

• The thread ‘Zurich to Italy with Swiss Travel Pass ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.