4 days Zurich with day trip to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2018 at 15:52:03 #817236

Hello,

I have been planning for this vacation with my family(self, wife & my parents) to visit Jungfraujoch.

My plan is to reach Zurich from Paris by flight & stay there for 3 days.

Below is my Plan as of today :

Day 1 : Arrive at Zurich by noon/evening and just roam around the city

Day 2 : Visit Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe)

Day 3 : Visit Zurich city & attractions

Day 4 : Fly back to Paris.

With this plan I was bit confused about my Day 2 plan and will be helpful if you can clarify below points:

1. Will it be sufficient to have just one day for this trip to Jungfraujoch considering that travel will be from Zurich?

2. Which of the below option will be best for my travel (Collected below information from SBB)

———————————————————————-

Option 1 (With Swiss travel Pass)

———————————————————————-

## Onward

Zurich to interlaken Ost => Covered by Swiss pass
    Interlaken Ost – Wengen/Lauterbunnen => Covered by Swiss pass
    Wengen/Lauterbunnen – Jungfraujoch => Additional Ticket ( 54 CHF) — This will be without discount of Swiss Pass?

## Return
    Jungfraujoch – Grindelwald => Additional Ticket (54 CHF) — This will be without discount of Swiss Pass?
    Grindelwald – Interlaken Ost => Covered by Swiss pass
    Interlaken Ost – Zurich => Covered by Swiss pass )

————————————————————————

Option 2 (Without Swiss travel Pass)

———————————————————————-

## Onward, 4-5 hrs approx, 90 CHF per person

Zurich – interlaken Ost

Interlaken Ost – Wengen/Lauterbunnen

Wengen/Lauterbunnen – Jungfraujoch

## Return, 4-5 hrs approx, 70 CHF per person

Jungfraujoch – Grindelwald

Grindelwald – Interlaken Ost

Interlaken Ost – Zurich

3. And I assume that Jungfraujoch point that I have planned above is the highest peak that is the most attractive place to be.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2018 at 17:02:40 #891172

Hi Sandip

from Zurich to jungfrau will be a very long day. You may have to start your day pretty early. But one full day is what is required from Zurich to jungfaru and back.

option 1 with the Swiss pass looks good but kindly again find if you really need Swiss travel pass, because the other 2 days you are in Zurich and there you can do just with day passes for your chosen zone which may be cheaper. You have to find the charges and then calculate which will be cheaper.

takecare

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 July 2018 at 17:48:34 #891173

Hi Sandip,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! In addition to the good tips from Rahejaparag:

You may want to consider the Swiss Half Fare Card and compare that to the costs with a Swiss Travel Pass. Please see:

An alternative to consider could be Mount Titlis, which is closer to Zurich so you won’t have to travel for 8 hours on trains: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis.

I recommend not to fly between Paris and Zurich. There are high speed trains that offer a more comfortable, eco-friendlier trip, which is as quick as a flight and possibly cheaper if you buy your tickets well in advance: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 8:03:02 #891174

Thanks Rahejaparag for your feedback. Yes indeed it will be a long travel.

Hello Arno, Thanks to your feedback also. And the option of Titlis also looks good & interesteing.

I have few questions regarding the same:

1. If I book tickets from Zurich to Titlis using SBB site, will the tickets be valid for that particular day or I can change the plan form one day to another.

2. I checked that, approx it takes me 2.30 hrs to reach Titlis from Zurich including the cable car & in total it costs me approx 50 CHF. I am correct with this understanding.

3. Typically how much time people prefer to spend on the top? Will we be allowed to get into the snow and walk around a bit on top?

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 July 2018 at 8:09:35 #891175

Hi Sandip,

1. Regardless of where you buy train tickets, they will only be valid for the day you pick during the purchase.

2. It will costs you CHF 46 if you have a Swiss Travel Pass, CHF 84 if you have a Swiss Half Fare Card, or CHF 168 if you do not have a pass.

3. That can vary from an hour to half a day or so. Please see the Titlis link in my previous post for activities up there so you can estimate.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 9:29:31 #891176

Hello Arno,

Thanks for the information.

I just checked again on SBB site for the price from Zurich to Titlis and one way price shows 47 CHF (attached screenshot), but I no where selected a option for Swiss travel pass holder.

Does the site by default considers as Swiss Travel pass holder?

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 July 2018 at 9:43:52 #891177

Hi Sandip,

The SBB site is geared to Swiss residents and does not offer Swiss Half Fare Card and Swiss Travel Pass discounts. What you see by default is the price for Swiss people who own an annual Half-Fare travelcard.

You’d better use the SBB site just to check regular prices and to find train schedules. You don’t need to buy anything. With a Swiss Travel Pass you don’t need train tickets. You can simply hop on the train to Engelberg, then walk over to the cable car station and buy your discounted cable car ticket there. Or you can buy it online if you prefer that: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis/tickets

• The thread ‘4 days Zurich with day trip to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.