Zurich to Milan by train with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Giselapina
Giselapina
6 posts
Aug 13, 2017 - 2:33 PM

Hello!! I'm a little lost. I need to go from Zurich to Milan but I didn't find a way bu the swii travel pass. Can I get the train in Zurich and pay the ticket just fornthe italian part of the trip? Do I have to buy in advance?How can I find this out?

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Aug 13, 2017 - 3:44 PM in reply to Giselapina

Hi Giselapina,

Yes, you just need a ticket from the Swiss border to Milan. Typically, trains to Milan will go via Chiasso so you need to buy a ticket from Chiasso to Milan.

You can buy this ticket online here.

Lucas

Last modified on Aug 13, 2017 - 3:44 PM by Lucas
Giselapina
Giselapina
6 posts
Aug 13, 2017 - 11:32 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you Lucas! Let me see if I understood, I will take a train zurich-chiasso then I get out to another train chiasso-milan. Is that right? I saw theres a lot of options in shedule, this way I can buy the ticket when arriving in chiasso? Since I'm not sure if the train will be the same or the time of arrival...

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Aug 14, 2017 - 7:00 AM in reply to Giselapina

No, you can buy the ticket in advance, no need to get off the train at Chiasso.
You can take a direct train from Zurich to Milan. You just need to have a ticket to cover the route after Chiasso.

IE you can take the 09:09 train from Zurich that leaves Chiasso at 11:52am. Use the rail timetable here. The ticket for the 11:52 train from Chiasso to Milan can be bought on the link in my first post.

If you are asked for a ticket you can show the Swiss Travel Pass anytime before Chiasso. If asked for a ticket after Chiasso show them the individual ticket you bought online.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019