About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Zurich to Milan with Swiss Travel Pass Flex
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Zurich to Milan with Swiss Travel Pass Flex

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Retsgirls57
Retsgirls57
1 post
Jun 8, 2022 - 6:31 AM

Hello!

I am going to Switzerland in August 2022 and will be buying the 8 day Swiss travel pass flex. I am going all over Switzerland but I also want to go to Milan for a day or two. I am wondering what will be the best route for me to use? I want to use my Swiss Travel Pass to save as much as possible. I know I can use the Centovalli route or the Bernina express from Chur to Tirano, but I want to know if there’s another option that is faster. I will only have the Swiss Travel Pass and no Eurorail Pass. Thanks!!

Ildiko
Ildiko
2333 posts
top member &
Jun 8, 2022 - 7:47 AM in reply to Retsgirls57

Hi Retsgirls57 and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

The Centovalli Railway and the Bernina Express are two very beautiful panoramic trains but they are also slower ones. If you want to get to Milan faster, you can use the SBB timetable to check the fastest route. The SBB timetable will give you the fastest route by default. If you are not familiar with the SBB timetable, start here: www.myswissalps.com/timetable.

For example from Zurich to Milan, there is a direct train via Bellinzona and Lugano. And the travel takes 3 hrs 17 mins.

As you are going to Italy, this might help you to choose the best ticket - using your Swiss Travel Pass Flex: www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/italy

The Swiss Travel Pass Flex is only valid in Switzerland, so you need to get your Italian ticket from the border, in most of the cases that is Chiasso: https://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex/validity.

You can get your Swiss Travel Pass Flex here: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex/price

I hope this helps

Ildiko

Last modified on Jun 9, 2022 - 10:24 AM by Arno

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Swiss Travel Pass promotion: 30% discount
Available until 31 October 2022. Book 6 months ahead.
https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/swisstravelpass

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022