Zurich to Mount Titlis trip details?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
avijit
avijit
12 posts
Jan 21, 2018 - 5:36 AM

Hello,

This is my first visit to Switzerland. I am arriving around 10am in the morning at Zurich airport and plan to go straightway to Mount Titlis and then return to Baden where I will retire for the night. I have made a step by step plan and hope I have the understanding right ? Please also suggest if there are any key elements that i need to remember in the below travel steps.

Regards, Avijit

1. Arrive at Zurich Airport 10:00am.
  2. Walk to Zürich Flughafen – buy a 15 days Swiss Travel Pass
  3. Take Train from Zürich Flughafen to Zurich Main Station ( travel complementary due to the Pass)
  4. At Zurich Main station, keep baggage in the locker room.
  5. Take Train from Zurich Main Station to Engelberg ( travel complementary due to the Pass)
  6. Visit Mount Titlis.
  7. Take Train from Engelberg to Zurich Main Station. ( travel complementary due to the Pass)
  8. Collect the baggage at Zurich Main Station.
  9. Take train from Zurich Main Station to Baden.
rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
Jan 21, 2018 - 6:44 AM in reply to avijit

Hi avijit,

At Engelberg you will need to buy a ticket for the cable car to Titlis(www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis). The Swiss Travel Pass will get you 50% discount.

When are you travelling and what are you planning for the other 14 days of your trip?

avijit
avijit
12 posts
Jan 21, 2018 - 6:48 AM

Thanks Rockoyster. Actually, the rest of the days, my travels are official in Baden and there is no movement i.e. I will not be using any train etc. I have three days which I can use for travelling around and am not sure of what pass etc to buy. Can you suggest please ? My travel schedule will be as below

Day 1 : Start at Zurich Airport >> Train to Zurich Airport Train Station >> Train to Zurich Main Station >> Train to Engelberg >> Mount Titlis >> Engelberg >> Train to Zurich Main Station >> Train to Baden

Day 10 : Start at Baden >> Train to Lucerne >> Bus No. 1 to Kriens >> Gondola to Pilatus >> Gondola to Kriens >> Bus to Lucerne >> Train to Baden

Day 11 : Start at Baden >> Train to Lucerne >> Boat to Vitznau >> Cogwheel train to Rigi Kulm >> Hike down to Rigi Kaltbad-First >> Aerial Car to Weggis >> Boat to Lucerne >> Train to Baden

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
Jan 21, 2018 - 6:56 AM in reply to avijit

Well if that’s all the travel you plan then you definitely don’t need a 15 Day Swiss Travel Pass! A 3 or 4-Day Swiss Travel Pass Flex (www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex)might workforce you but you need to do the sums. You can travel any 3 or 4 days in 30.

For Pilatus you get 50% discount for the gondola/Cable Car. Rigi is free.

You should read “How to chose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

Last modified on Jan 21, 2018 - 6:57 AM by rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018