Zurich to Mount Titlis trip details?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 January 2018 at 5:36:14 #814101

Hello,

This is my first visit to Switzerland. I am arriving around 10am in the morning at Zurich airport and plan to go straightway to Mount Titlis and then return to Baden where I will retire for the night. I have made a step by step plan and hope I have the understanding right ? Please also suggest if there are any key elements that i need to remember in the below travel steps.

Regards, Avijit

1. Arrive at Zurich Airport 10:00am.
    2. Walk to Zürich Flughafen – buy a 15 days Swiss Travel Pass
    3. Take Train from Zürich Flughafen to Zurich Main Station ( travel complementary due to the Pass)
    4. At Zurich Main station, keep baggage in the locker room.
    5. Take Train from Zurich Main Station to Engelberg ( travel complementary due to the Pass)
    6. Visit Mount Titlis.
    7. Take Train from Engelberg to Zurich Main Station. ( travel complementary due to the Pass)
    8. Collect the baggage at Zurich Main Station.
    9. Take train from Zurich Main Station to Baden.
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    21 January 2018 at 6:44:36 #874838

Hi avijit,

At Engelberg you will need to buy a ticket for the cable car to Titlis(http://www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis). The Swiss Travel Pass will get you 50% discount.

When are you travelling and what are you planning for the other 14 days of your trip?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 January 2018 at 6:48:34 #874839

Thanks Rockoyster. Actually, the rest of the days, my travels are official in Baden and there is no movement i.e. I will not be using any train etc. I have three days which I can use for travelling around and am not sure of what pass etc to buy. Can you suggest please ? My travel schedule will be as below

Day 1 : Start at Zurich Airport >> Train to Zurich Airport Train Station >> Train to Zurich Main Station >> Train to Engelberg >> Mount Titlis >> Engelberg >> Train to Zurich Main Station >> Train to Baden

Day 10 : Start at Baden >> Train to Lucerne >> Bus No. 1 to Kriens >> Gondola to Pilatus >> Gondola to Kriens >> Bus to Lucerne >> Train to Baden

Day 11 : Start at Baden >> Train to Lucerne >> Boat to Vitznau >> Cogwheel train to Rigi Kulm >> Hike down to Rigi Kaltbad-First >> Aerial Car to Weggis >> Boat to Lucerne >> Train to Baden

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    21 January 2018 at 6:56:25 #874840

Well if that’s all the travel you plan then you definitely don’t need a 15 Day Swiss Travel Pass! A 3 or 4-Day Swiss Travel Pass Flex (http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex)might workforce you but you need to do the sums. You can travel any 3 or 4 days in 30.

For Pilatus you get 50% discount for the gondola/Cable Car. Rigi is free.

You should read “How to chose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

• The thread ‘Zurich to Mount Titlis trip details?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.