What does Zurich ZVV day pass 1-2 zones include?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Hisham
Hisham
32 posts
May 7, 2019 - 9:40 AM

Would anyone help what areas and attractions that I can cover with the" Zurich zvv day pass: 1-2 zone"?

Steph
Steph
1320 posts
top member &
May 7, 2019 - 9:57 AM in reply to Hisham

Hello Hisham,

The ZVV Zurich day pass is a pass only enabling you for travel on public transportation within the two zones. It doesn't give you any access to attractions.

Assuming you will be exploring the center of Zurich, the following link will show you which transportation is covered, as Zurich counts as two zones:
- www.zvv.ch/zvv-assets/fahrplan/pdf/st adt_zuerich.pdf
It does include the river boat on the river Limmat, which runs right through the old town of Zurich, so a very nice trip. Also the public cogwheel train of "Dolderbahn" and the funicular train to the Universities (Polybahn) can be used with this ticket.

Alternatively you can look at the Zurich Card, which does offer you entrances to museums e.g., check this link for details:
- www.myswissalps.com/zu rich/travel

Hope this answers your question.

Best,
Steph

Last modified on May 7, 2019 - 9:59 AM by Steph
Hisham
Hisham
32 posts
May 7, 2019 - 9:59 AM in reply to Steph

thanks

Hisham
Hisham
32 posts
May 7, 2019 - 10:02 AM

Can I travel to Zuric from the airport using zvv day pass: 1-2 zone

Steph
Steph
1320 posts
top member &
May 7, 2019 - 10:10 AM in reply to Hisham

Hi Hisham,

No you can't, because by the airport is in a different zone from Zurich city and as said the city alone already IS two zones (so a total of three zones needed to cover airport to city).

You would need an "additional zone" ticket for the arrival from the airport, which you can buy at the counter or ticketing machines.

Is this understandable?

Best,
Steph

Hisham
Hisham
32 posts
May 7, 2019 - 10:15 AM

Thanks and understand,Help me which Zone should I include in the 24 Hrs Day pass to travel from airport to Zurich.

Steph
Steph
1320 posts
top member &
May 7, 2019 - 1:40 PM in reply to Hisham

If you need to get back to the Airport within these 24 hours you will need to buy a ticket for three zones valid 24 hours (Zurich Airport - Zurich HB).

If you only need the transfer Zurich Airport - Zurich and then the 24 hours for the city of Zurich, I would recommend buying two separate tickets-
one valid an hour for Zurich AP - Zurich and
a 24 hour one for two zones once in Zurich

Best,
Steph

Lovetoteach
Lovetoteach
13 posts
May 8, 2019 - 12:32 AM

Hello,

i have the question about zurich day pass too if anyone can help.

We are family of four and visiting Switzerland for 9 days( July 5-July 13) arriving 7:40am at Zurich on 5th and want to explore Zurich on that day. We have booked a hotel in Kloten balsberg area on that day.

We are planning to buy the Swiss pass for 8 days which we will start using from July 6th.

So my question/confusion is which zones day pass to buy to explore Zurich and which also includes Kloten balsberg so we can go back to our hotel using the transportation.

thank you for your help.

Last modified on May 8, 2019 - 12:34 AM by Lovetoteach
Arno
Arno
13311 posts
expert &
May 8, 2019 - 2:18 PM in reply to Lovetoteach

Hi Lovetoteach,

Balsberg is next to the airport, so you can follow Steph's advice above: get a 3 zone pass (zone 110 which counts double + 121), or get the Zurich Card which includes even more zones plus museums.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019