What does Zurich ZVV day pass 1-2 zones include?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 9:40:09 #821510

Would anyone help what areas and attractions that I can cover with the” Zurich zvv day pass: 1-2 zone”?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 9:57:52 #911855

Hello Hisham,

The ZVV Zurich day pass is a pass only enabling you for travel on public transportation within the two zones. It doesn’t give you any access to attractions.

Assuming you will be exploring the center of Zurich, the following link will show you which transportation is covered, as Zurich counts as two zones:
    http://www.zvv.ch/zvv-assets/fahrplan/pdf/st adt_zuerich.pdf
    It does include the river boat on the river Limmat, which runs right through the old town of Zurich, so a very nice trip. Also the public cogwheel train of “Dolderbahn” and the funicular train to the Universities (Polybahn) can be used with this ticket.

Alternatively you can look at the Zurich Card, which does offer you entrances to museums e.g., check this link for details:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/zu rich/travel

Hope this answers your question.

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 9:59:35 #911856

thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 10:02:51 #911857

Can I travel to Zuric from the airport using zvv day pass: 1-2 zone

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 10:10:36 #911858

Hi Hisham,

No you can’t, because by the airport is in a different zone from Zurich city and as said the city alone already IS two zones (so a total of three zones needed to cover airport to city).

You would need an “additional zone” ticket for the arrival from the airport, which you can buy at the counter or ticketing machines.

Is this understandable?

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 10:15:54 #911859

Thanks and understand,Help me which Zone should I include in the 24 Hrs Day pass to travel from airport to Zurich.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 13:40:04 #911860

If you need to get back to the Airport within these 24 hours you will need to buy a ticket for three zones valid 24 hours (Zurich Airport – Zurich HB).

If you only need the transfer Zurich Airport – Zurich and then the 24 hours for the city of Zurich, I would recommend buying two separate tickets-
    one valid an hour for Zurich AP – Zurich and
    a 24 hour one for two zones once in Zurich

Best,
    Steph

Lovetoteach
    Participant
    31 posts
    8 May 2019 at 0:32:53 #911861

Hello,

i have the question about zurich day pass too if anyone can help.

We are family of four and visiting Switzerland for 9 days( July 5-July 13) arriving 7:40am at Zurich on 5th and want to explore Zurich on that day. We have booked a hotel in Kloten balsberg area on that day.

We are planning to buy the Swiss pass for 8 days which we will start using from July 6th.

So my question/confusion is which zones day pass to buy to explore Zurich and which also includes Kloten balsberg so we can go back to our hotel using the transportation.

thank you for your help.

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 May 2019 at 14:18:11 #911862

Hi Lovetoteach,

Balsberg is next to the airport, so you can follow Steph’s advice above: get a 3 zone pass (zone 110 which counts double + 121), or get the Zurich Card which includes even more zones plus museums.

• The thread ‘What does Zurich ZVV day pass 1-2 zones include?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.