ZVV 9 oclock pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2012 at 10:12:38 #805080

Hi

I will be travelling in to Zurich next week. Will be reaching at around 8.30am Zurich time at Zurich Airport.
    Am intending to visit the Rhine falls after settling down at hotel at Zurich HB.

I have some questions regarding the ZVV 9 oclock pass at CHF 24:
    (a) If I get the ZVV 9 oclock pass and assuming I only leave Zurich Airport after 9am – does it cover the ride from Zurich Airport to Zurich HB?

(b) does it cover the ride from Zurich HB to the Rhine Falls for free? I understand I have to stop at Schloss Laufen as it is the last stop for the ZVV trains but not sure if the 9 oclock pass covers up to there also.

(c) If I intend to visit Schaffhausen after that, will this also be covered by the ZVV pass? or I have to pay separately ?

Many thanks in advance and would appreciate a response soon as my trip is next week (:

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    2 April 2012 at 11:02:46 #835428

Hello alisonfoo. Details on the ZVV 9 ‘o clock pass can be found at the ZVV website. Yes, your trip from Zurich Airport to Zurich HB made after 9 am will be covered by the pass. As far as I can see on the coverage maps linked to at this website, only part of your trip to Schaffhausen and the Rhine Falls will be covered (roughly up to Winterthur). So you’ll need additional tickets to pay for the second leg of your trip. You can buy them at the Zurich Airport or Zurich HB railway station upon showing your ZVV 9 ‘o clock pass and explaining your trip destination. The railway employees will be able to sell you the right additional ticket for your trip.

• The thread ‘ZVV 9 oclock pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.