ZVV ticket add on to Tell-Pass

• Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    7 July 2019 at 19:45:24 #822714

Next month, I will be “experiencing” (!) a 10 day Tell Pass itinerary based on Brunnen.

I’ve just discovered there’s an evening function at Wetzikon I would like to attend and have checked the timetables, travelling to and from Brunnen via Pfaffikon SZ.

My question is how and where do I purchase the “add on” ticket from Pfaffikon SZ to Wetzikon. It seems I need a five zone (181/180/134/133/172) “day ticket” considering I am doing a return trip. I appreciate the Tell Pass will be valid to Pfaffikon SZ.

I’d appreciate any advice/tips. It’s probably quite easy to do. Part of my enjoyment of planning trips to Switzerland (and other destinations) is working out how to complete such local adventures “within the rules”.

Maybe another option would be the Zurich “9 o’clock ticket”? Can that be added to the Tell Pass? It might give me a little extra flexibility getting to Wetzikon but the real aim of this year’s adventure is to get the most out of my 10 day Tell Pass.

Paul in Australia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 July 2019 at 23:32:20 #917165

Hi Paul,

If you just use the SBB app to search for the ticket you require from the Tell Pass coverage boundary to your destination and back it will give you the lowest cost options.

Arno
    15479 posts
    8 July 2019 at 5:21:10 #917166

Hi Paul,

I usually buy online as well, but sometimes it can be handy to just go to the station during opening hours of the service desk and explain your plans. The staff will come up with a solution. I remember I once ended up with 4 tickets for a day trip (2 singles each way), but it was the cheapest option.

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    8 July 2019 at 7:25:50 #917167

OK; I will seek advice when I get to Brunnen. Guess it’s the sort of journey not often undertaken by people on here?

Paul in Australia

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 July 2019 at 8:19:46 #917168

Don’t overthink it Paul. Pfäffiikon to Wetzikon is a 22 minute train ride and won’t blow your travel budget.

You asked earlier about a day ticket – “Can that be added to the Tell Pass?”.

You don’t actually “add” anything. Just show the Tell Pass up to Pfäffikon and show you 5-zoner between Pfäffikon and Wetzikon.

See attached.

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    8 July 2019 at 9:44:59 #917169

My query relates to HOW I purchase the ticket without alighting from the train at Pfaffikon.

Assuming I can purchase such a ticket from the machine at Brunnen, for instance, what do I enter to ensure that I have done the correct thing for the remainder of the journey outside the Tell Pass area?

Paul in Australia

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 July 2019 at 9:51:48 #917170

Maybe you’d better go to a ticket office. 😉

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2019 at 11:37:05 #917171

Hello Paul,

Most train stations today have the modern ticketing machines (the ones with touch screen), where you are able to “change the departure point” of your journey. If this is not available, you would have to purchase the ticket at the ticket office, as recommended.

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘ZVV ticket add on to Tell-Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.