Zweisimmen to Montreux Golden pass reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 October 2018 at 12:01:18 #818668

Hi,

I ,my wife and my 2 year old daughter will be visiting Switzerland on 19th to 22nd October. So i would be buying a 4 day Swiss travel pass.

As per my research I can see everywhere it says Reservation is recommended for Zweisimmen to Montreux Golden pass line but just wanted to confirm here.

We have a flight to catch at 21.40 from Geneva airport and hence I am thinking of travelling on the above panaromic train at 16.25 . So will it be OK if the don’t make a reservation as its Monday and not sure how the occupancy would be?.Also I am kind running out of ideas for my last day(Monday) going from Interlaken to Geneva airport except for the above train ride. Any suggestions regarding what would be my best stops in between. Catching 16.25 train actually makes my schedule a bit tight as I would be reaching airport just on time and if the reservation is mandatory and then I might land in trouble !

Many Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 October 2018 at 16:05:17 #897804

Hi Santosh g31 and welcome to MySwissalps!

I wouldn’t be too concerned about reserving on the Golden Pass route at this time of year. You certainly can though if you feel more comfortable with it. Look here for details: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/packages

You won’t need to worry about getting on the 16:25 train just getting a seat, but I am quite sure that won’t be an issue for you -it rarely is.

You can always take an earlier train to Montreux that day and spend some time in that town before continuing on to Geneva airport. Have you looked into Montreux? http://www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 October 2018 at 23:33:56 #897805

No need for reservations outside mid summer

pvonk
    Participant
    382 posts
    13 October 2018 at 1:16:57 #897806

I rode the same stretch (opposite direction) last year about the same dates. Didn’t have a reservation and there was plenty of space on the train (2nd class).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 October 2018 at 0:56:31 #897807

Thank you so much guys for a speedy reply.

This is the best ever site I have ever seen to help planning a holiday.

Thanks a ton to the owners of the site who came up with this idea.

• The thread ‘Zweisimmen to Montreux Golden pass reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.