$100 off Swiss Travel Pass & other passes/tickets

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2018 at 4:57:09 #878158

Thank you for a quick and detailed reply Lucas. It is very helpful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2018 at 10:16:26 #878159

Hello.

I also wanted to know :

1) if we do online booking for Swiss Travel Pass , do we receive the tickets on email? As far as I know the Swiss pass is an electronic card. Can we receive it on airport on producing the printouts of this payment confirmation email?

2) Also if we buy Swiss Travel Pass on arrival at airport, how much extra (approximately) we will have to pay per pass.

Thank you. I totally appreciate all the help provided by you all.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2018 at 11:08:19 #878160

Hi

I bought my STP from Happy Rail and received an email from them w the STP attached.

U can c from Happy Rail instructions that v just need to wave it whenever v use it. I attach the email for ur reference.

cheers

Sim

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 March 2018 at 11:10:53 #878161

Hi abhikel,

1) Yes, you will receive them via e-mail to print them yourself, unless you opt for physical delivery (not recommend). Retailers can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. The SwissPass is something else and it’s not what you need. It’s indeed an electronic card for Swiss residents. You need the Swiss Travel Pass though.

2) They don’t offer the promotion that we are discussing here, so the price difference is what you would pay extra. Also you won’t get an electronic backup that you can print again in case you damage or loose the pass. And you will be spending some time at the ticket office, possibly causing you to miss the first available train. At home printing is the best option in most cases, unless you can’t decide which pass to take until arriving.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2018 at 12:04:28 #878162

Hey Thanks Simmy. That info is very helpful.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2018 at 12:07:33 #878163

Thank you so much Arno for such detailed information.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • The thread ‘$100 off Swiss Travel Pass & other passes/tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.