16 days in Switzerland – itinerary help late May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 3:57:15 #814378

I have made a quick plan as attached. Need more suggestion if it’s ok or not?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 February 2018 at 4:46:42 #876391

Hi darefas and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

First glance I’d say day 8 take the Golden Pass Line (http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass) to Montruex and stay there rather than Lausanne.

Think about Wengen as a nicer base than Interlaken for your Jungfrau stay and read this http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/gondolarail-access-to-mountains-in-aprilmay-2018.

Maybe add a night to St Moritz and reduce Zurich. Not sure that a day trip to Basel is worth it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 8:46:31 #876392

I’d second Rockoyster’s suggestions. Zurich for 4 days is too much usually (unless you have specific plans to see/do in the city). Add a night in Montreux and St. Moritz.

If you need to visit Liechtenstein, I’d do it before Zurich as you back track to the Chur/St. Moritz area. Not a lot to see there either to be honest. 🙂 Perhaps a stay in St. Gallen though to explore the area is a nice idea.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 9:28:32 #876393

Thanks rockoyster and Lucas for your suggestion, I have edited the plan as attached. Is it too tight on Day 13 from St.Moritz to Liehtenstein and to St.Gallen?

For Basel, since I’m a banker, so I wanna stamp my feet on Basel Land. Not sure if it’s good excuse anyway…. lol

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 13:28:00 #876394

It is a bit of a tight day…Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan our your trips to know for sure.

St. Moritz to St. Gallen is 3.5 hours. You can get off the train on the way at Sargans and take a 20 minute bus to Vaduz, Liechtenstein. Then back to Sargans to continue on to St. Gallen.

I didn’t realise Basel and/or Basel land had a banking industry? Zurich and Liechtenstein tend to be the big banking centers I thought.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 14:57:33 #876395

St.Moritz to Sargans 2.5 hrs + Sargans to Vaduz 0.5 hrs = 3 hrs

Vaduz to Sargans 0.5 hrs + Sargans to St.Gallen 1.5 hrs = 2 hrs

So, I can spend around 3-4 hrs in Liehtenstein which could be enough i guess.

Check this out about Basel. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Basel_Committee_on_Ban king_Supervision

I have worked with its regulation since my master degree till now.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 15:01:55 #876396

Yes, 3-4 hours in Vaduz is fine. I spent about the same amount of time there on the way back from Austria a couple summers ago. A good stroll down the main shopping street and a visit to the castle should do it. 🙂

I stand corrected on banking in Basel! 🙂 Cheers!

• The thread ‘16 days in Switzerland – itinerary help late May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.