6 min change time at Zweisimmen with infant?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 23:36:53 #812357

Hi, I will be traveling with my wife and kid (infant) + luggage on the Golden pass route from Interlaken to Montereux via Zweisimmen. The time to change trains at Zweisimmen is only 6 min. Is this time enough in my case? On which platform does the train arrives at Zweisimmen and from which platform does the train departs from Zweisimmen to Montereux?

Many thanks,

Saurabh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2017 at 3:28:09 #865573

Hi Saurabh, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Six minutes is the standard transfer time at Zweisimmen, and is achievable. Trains usually arrive in Zweisimmen from Interlaken Ost on platform 6, and the panoramic train usually departs from platform 8. I have attached a photo of Zweisimmen station so you can see how close together the platforms are. You walk from one to the other at one end of the station.

If you still are concerned with the short connection time, in the timetable you can click on “Advanced search”, then scroll down and change the “Duration of transfer” option from “Standard transfer time” to 10, 20 or 30 minutes. Then the timetable will generate a series of connections to get you from start to finish with longer transfer times.

You can access the Swiss Timetable, and find out how to use it here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2017 at 3:54:26 #865574

Many thanks for your kind response. It was very helpful.

• The thread ‘6 min change time at Zweisimmen with infant?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.