7 days in Switzerland starting in Davos

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2017 at 4:11:53 #813155

hi everyone,

can anyone help me

i’m planning on swiss trip in december, i’have a meeting arrange by company in davos but after the meeting im planning to go on my own for 7 days around switzerland

still confusing about rail system in swiss, i see there is glacier express and also bernina train

im planning to visit lucerne zermat,etc

except,

i have been in interlaken, jungfrau , geneva so i’ll skip that part

last i have to go to milan after the trip in swiss, where should be the last city end that connect to milan rail ?? thnks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2017 at 7:58:59 #869356

Hi tonberry and welcome to MySwissAlps!

From Davos you can take a train to Chur and board the Glacier Express train to Zermatt. The Bernina Express runs from Chur to Tirano (Italy).

After your stay in Zermatt you can head up to Lucerne and then from there head to Milan. All cities in Switzerland can take you to Milan (it just depends on how many connections you want or don’t want of course). There are direct trains between Lucerne and Milan – sometimes there is one connection.

You can use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan your trips. The schedule past December 9 won’t be released until mid-October but you can get an idea of what’s involved now with dates in early December.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 September 2017 at 8:38:14 #869357

Hi tonberry,

If you take the Glacier Express as Lucas suggests then you can pick it up at FIlisur instead of Chur. That way you will get to experience the Landwasser Viaduct, which is a star feature of both the Glacier and Bernina Express trains routes, just after you leave Filisur.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2017 at 14:58:08 #869358

thnks lucas and rockoyster

i think i’m gonna pick filisur, and what about glacier express route between davos to zermatt, is there any city/ tourism spot that i should visit ?

is it worth to visit st.moritz ?

how about this ?

davos- filisur – st moritz,

then st.moritz – ..(some city maybe brig ? andermatt?) – zermatt – bern – lucerne – milan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2017 at 15:00:29 #869359

do you know where can i take this kind of pic ?, the photospot location in zermatt.

is this path accesible by walking, or should go up to mountain hike?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2017 at 17:17:40 #869360

There are a lot of options to stop in towns along the way certainly. Are you talking about a couple hours or overnight? I would personally not break up the Glacier Express train to Zermatt. I would spend a couple nights in Zermatt and perhaps Bern and Lucerne as well. I don’t think in the winter St. Moritz offers a much different experience than Zermatt so would focus on just one.

Have a look at the town links to see if those towns interest you for a visit. Certainly Zermatt and Lucerne would be the most popular options with lots of mountains to see and visit.

I don’t know exactly where that picture was taken but it looks accessible by walking to the far end of Zermatt village (it looks quite residential).

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 September 2017 at 20:42:20 #869361

Hi tonberry,

Please note there will be no Glacier Express trains running between 23.10. and 09.12.2017. If you are there early December you can still follow the route via regular trains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2017 at 0:54:16 #869362

>> do you know where can i take this kind of pic ?, the photospot location in zermatt. is this path accesible by walking, or should go up to mountain hike?

It looks like it was taken from the photopoint Riedweg. There is a map on this page:

http://www.zermatt.ch/en/Medi a/Attractions/Photopoi nt-Riedweg

Other photopoints in Zermatt are described here:

http://www.zermatt.ch/en/Attr actions/Photopoints-Wochentipps-Zwischensaison/Photo-points

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘7 days in Switzerland starting in Davos’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.