Alpiglen rail station timetable

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2017 at 22:38:18 #812257

It is my understanding there is an unmanned train station in Alpiglen, Switzerland. For the life of me I can not determine how to obtain a timetable for this stop. I will be staying at the Berghaus Alpiglen for two nights in September and could use some assistance in finding it’s connections and timetable.

Raileurope.com doesn’t acknowledge this as a possible stop/station.

Thank you,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 2:03:18 #865092

Hello,

It happened with me while coming back from chocolate factory.. We didn’t know if the train we were waiting for will stop on that station.. actually if you know the route of the train you looking for and this station is on the way usually the normal train stop.

I am not giving you an assured answer here but this is a logic based on my experience.

Do inquire more if you like.

Have a nice trip.

Megha

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    14 June 2017 at 5:48:12 #865093

Hi.

If you go to http://www.sbb.ch/en you can look up the timetable for Alpiglen. Trains run from Grindelwald every half hour and arrive at 7 minutes past the hour and half hour. This is the train to Kleine Scheidegg.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 9:08:21 #865094

Hi Julie,

>> For the life of me I can not determine how to obtain a timetable for this stop. I will be staying at the Berghaus Alpiglen for two nights in September and could use some assistance in finding it’s connections and timetable.

Alan has given you the link to the SBB timetable. I have also attached a PDF timetable for the Grindelwald-Alpiglen sector that you might find handy.

Alpiglen station is “Stop on request” (“Halt auf Verlangen” in German). You will need to press a button on the train if you want it to stop there. There might also be a button on the platform to push when you want to board the train.

Apparently the “Käseschnitte” at Alpiglen is famous, so if you like cheese dishes, you might like to try it!

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 12:48:24 #865095

Thanks , this is exactly what I was looking for and couldn’t track it down. I’ve now saved the link to my desktop and ipad.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 12:51:23 #865096

Thank you, I’ve attached the link to my itinerary and saved it to my desk top. It is very helpful to have. I knew I was going push the Halt auf Verlangen button but this helps to confirm my understanding.

I will be based in Alpiglen for two nights so no doubt I’ll give “Käseschnitte” a try because yes, I am a cheese lover. Again, my thanks.

• The thread ‘Alpiglen rail station timetable’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.