Bicycle storage for +/- 2 months near Zurich

• jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    18 December 2017 at 17:39:19 #813839

Trying to plan a trip beginning with a month or so of cycling followed by 2 months or so of hiking. Probably flying return to Zurich. Looking for bike storage for 2months (or so) near Zurich.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 December 2017 at 9:46:32 #873019

Hi jackdebear,

I checked with the SBB (Swiss railway station) and unfortunately they don’t offer such service.

I think it would be best to google for “self storage facilities near Zurich”. Or contact cycle club in Zurich. Like minded people may want to offer you storage space at their place.

jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    26 December 2017 at 16:25:14 #873020

Thanks for taking the time to check with the SBB.. I thot I had something workable at Basel SBB but there’s a devil in the details. It’s economical and secure but they don’t want to see bike go more than a week or 2 w/o being moved. Meant for bike commuters I guess. I think the bike club route is the most promising. Warmshowers.org might work.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 December 2017 at 19:27:56 #873021

That’s right jackdebear. They provide storage, but it is for commuters. If you find a solution, please don’t hesitate to share it with us. Good luck.

jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    15 January 2018 at 16:04:28 #873022

I haven’t solved the storage issue yet but I believe that nut will crack. This whole ordeal comes up for wanting to include my wife in the cycling part of the trip. She has worked out some plan to rent an e-bike for the Loire bracketed by some driving. Now I’m wondering if maybe she could also ride from Zurich to Geneva before continuing by rail to wherever it is she is picking up the Loire rental. :)and skip the driving:) So, the question I want to ask is: anyone know of a reasonable e-bike rental deal picking up in Zurich and dropping off somewhere on the Swiss Riviera a week or 2 later?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2018 at 11:56:06 #873023

Hi jackdebear,

I came across this website: http://www.rentabike.ch/en/ho me. Not sure if you’ve checked them out already. Pick up and drop off station can be different.

jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    16 January 2018 at 17:42:32 #873024

Thanks a bunch for taking the time and trouble to find that company. In the past day or 2 I’ve gotten past the tipping point with trying to sort out how to reconcile a combination of biking and hiking in one holiday. I’ve decided to do what I really want to do most and leave the biking for another year and let the wife sort out her own holiday for this year. I’ll bookmark that link. Thanks again. Viva Ch.

• The thread ‘Bicycle storage for +/- 2 months near Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.