Any must dos for the Bernese Oberland and Zurich?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2016 at 13:08:21 #809587

Hello

I made a tentative itinerary but want to seek your advise.

July 22 arrive in Geneva early morning and plan to take golden pass to Interlaken. Booked nights of 22,23 and 24 at Lauterbaurren.

after arriving around 5 ish in the evening to Lauterbarren hotel, will there be time to do any activity in the BO area?

July 23 – all day in BO villages – please suggest must DOs in Lauterbaurren, Wengen, Grindwald and surrounding area – please suggest a easy hike that I can fit in this day.

July 24 – If we take a morning cruise at Thun and then head to Lucern for boat cruise and Rigi excursion and then back to Lauterbarren at night – is it doable with a day

July 25 – Plan to have breakfast, check out and go to Titlis. Will leave luggage at the train station and pick on the way back to Zurich. What time should we leave Interlaken to fully avail the Titlis excursion?

July 26 – Full day in Zurich – will get one day Zurich pass. Do you recommend spending a day in zurich or are there day excursions or rail trips that are a better option than Zurich? We have hotel booked in Zurich so we will have to leave and come back if decide to spend 26th else where.

your expert advise is much appreciated..

thanks

Maria

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 July 2016 at 0:04:04 #853700

Hi Maria- here is a start on an answer.

Lauterbrunnen is the name of the town. It is desirable to use the correct name when you use the timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

July 23-

<<“please suggest a easy hike that I can fit in this day.”>>

http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/maennlichen-kleinescheidegg

July 24 seems very difficult. Check the timetable. Too much for one day, even a long one.

July 25- which train station for luggage?

July 26th- why have you booked in Zürich? That is a serious question. I would have booked in Luzern, but I suspect that you must have some special reason to book in Zürich…..?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2016 at 8:26:38 #853701

July 24 is to much, so Slowpoke write.

You can better spent that day in Bernese Oberland, or only go to Luzern and Rigi. When you go first to Thun / Thunersee by boat, it is not possible also to go to Luzern and Rigi.

In the Bernese Oberland there is so much to do. You can go from Lauterbrunnen by cablecar to Grutsalp, walk to Mürren. Then go from Mürren to Almendhubel by cablecar and walk back to Mürren. Go from Mürren to Stechelberg and walk (or by bus) to Trümmelbachfälle and visit them. Back to Lauterbrunnen by bus.

It is also possible to go from Grindelwald (not Grindwald) by cablecar to First and walk to Bachalpsee and back.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2016 at 17:15:15 #853702

we are leaving from Zurich early morning on the 27th so we booked nights of 25th and 26th there.

We had initially planned on spending 26th in Zurich but looks like fitting Lucerene in the BO trip as a half day trip is not a good idea. So instead of spending the last day in Zurich, we will take a train from Zurich – Luzern and spend a day there – come back to Zurich.

Hotel booking fro Zurich is non refundable or i would have changed the one night in Zurich to there.

Other question: what if on the 25th, instead of going to titlis, we stop at Luzern, deposit our luggage there and make it a full day and then head out to Zurich.

then on 26th, we can go to Titlis from Zurich as a day trip.

So basically flipping 25th and 26th.

I want to enjoy Interlaken Lucerene express – not sure if I can still take that train on way from Interlaken to Engelberg?

Thanks

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    3 July 2016 at 1:05:32 #853703

Hi mali1626-

A partial answer:

<<“I want to enjoy Interlaken Lucerene express – not sure if I can still take that train on way from Interlaken to Engelberg?”>>

Use the timetable.

You would come almost all the way to Luzern, but change at Hergiswill, and go to Engelberg via Stans and Dallenwil.

Slowpoke.

• The thread ‘Any must dos for the Bernese Oberland and Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.