Bürgenstock resort re-opening 28 August

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 August 2017 at 9:04:09 #868711

Hi Rockoyster,

Thanks for that tip! It’s a good way to get rid of any extra savings, should that be a concern 😉 Somehow that link did not work for me. I attached the press release to your post.

There are several accommodations up there. None of them are low budget I’m afraid:

• Bürgenstock 5-star hotel (will open on August 28). To find prices you can look here or here, but today there are no prices available yet.
    • 4-star Superior Palace Hotel (will open on August 28)
    • Waldhotel (still closed for reconstruction, will open in a few months)
    • Panorama Residence suites. For prices, see http://www.booking.com/hotel/ ch/panorama-residence-suites.html.
    • Taverne 1879
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2017 at 9:18:02 #868712

The Hotel Villa Honegg nearby is on my lottery winning list as well!

I may try to slip in to the spa and lunch one day – the infinity pool over Lake Luzern looks amazing. Their Spa is actually fully booked already until 2018 which seems crazy to me.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 August 2017 at 9:37:51 #868713

Hi Arno and Lucas,

Thanks for the extra links. Maybe a day trip will be all I can afford. 🙃

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 August 2017 at 3:28:10 #868714

Thanks for the heads-up, rockoyster!

An interesting “side effect” is that now there is an option to take a short evening cruise (about 1 hour round trip) on the Vierwaldstättersee right up until around midnight. Previously the latest cruise you could take was to Beckenried, shortly after 7 pm.

They are offering a “Sunset Package”, which includes the boat trip and one drink at the Bürgenstock, for CHF 36. I assume you could also just go there with a Swiss Travel Pass and buy your own drinks!

Alpenrose

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 August 2017 at 7:04:12 #868715

Hi Alpenrose,

Regards the “Sunset Package”, if the Swiss Travel Pass round trip costs CHF25 you reckon you’d get a drink up there for less than CHF11? Mineral water maybe 😀. I guess you found the package information at http://www.lakelucerne.ch/fil eadmin/lakelucerne/con tent/Dokumente_Downloa ds_PDF/02_Angebote/13_ Rundfahrten_und_Ausflü ge/Leporello_Buergenst ock_Shuttle.pdf

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 August 2017 at 7:36:15 #868716

>> Regards the “Sunset Package”, if the Swiss Travel Pass round trip costs CHF25 you reckon you’d get a drink up there for less than CHF11? Mineral water maybe 😀.

Oh, I see what you mean: the boat-plus-funicular trip is not free with the Swiss Travel Pass – it still costs CHF 25. It confused me for a bit, but I now realise the boat trip is free, and the CHF 25 is for the return trip on the funicular, at a discount of 50%.

>> I guess you found the package information at http://www.lakelucerne.ch/fil eadmin/lakelucerne/con tent/Dokumente_Downloads_PDF/02_Angebote/13_ Rundfahrten_und_Ausflü ge/Leporello_Buergenst ock_Shuttle.pdf

Yes, I followed a link from a newsletter I am subscribed to, from the company that runs boats on the Vierwaldstättersee.

Alpenrose

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    26 August 2017 at 23:11:12 #868717

Hi Rockoyster –

I’ll be in the neighborhood in early September.

With the funicular running once again ( at a rather expensive price, I might add) I’ll try to go for an affordable lunch at Hammetschwand….I think I have a day when I can fit it in. Might still drive up the backside from Buochs and Ennetbürgen.

However, luckily, I was able match my schedule to their vacancies and thus could book a table and room at the Bergsonne, at Rigi Kaltbad. Since the Bergsonne is up for sale, I go there every chance I can before Frau and Herr Camps retire. From there, in case I cannot get to Hammetschwand, I can look down on Bürgenstock. ;-). The old Bürgenstock hotels are visible at the right in the image which has an arrow pointing to Hammetschwand.

The Bürgenstock hotels are also visible as white blur in the saddle of the hills at the left in the “Kehrsiten” photo. The site at which that photo was taken is definitely superior. 😉

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Bürgenstock resort re-opening 28 August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.