Bus fare and funicular in Grindelwald area

• macleod
    Participant
    4 posts
    30 January 2018 at 5:24:38 #814199

Please advise bus fare for single trip Grundelwald to Meiringen or where can I find it .

Also we only have time to do 1 of the 3 funicular trips , Wilderswil to Kleine Scheidegg , or Neisen Funicular , or Funicular Thunersee – Beatenberg ( Neiderhorn ) . Any recommendations on which to select for visitors from Australia .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    30 January 2018 at 6:09:18 #875400

G’Day Macleod,

The Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) will provide that bus information and tell you whether those cog-wheels/funiculars will be running. If you haven’t used the timetable before it will pay to read the instructions on that page before delving into the timetable.

By “Wilderswil to Kleine Scheidegg” do you mean Wilderswil to Schynigge Platte? If so that doesn’t start operating until late May.

Have a look at what Alpenrose666 has to say about closures on this thread http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/gondolarail-access-to-mountains-in-aprilmay-2018

macleod
    Participant
    4 posts
    30 January 2018 at 7:38:19 #875401

Thanks for reply Rockoyster . Apologies , my error , should be Wilderswil to Schynigge Platte as you suggest . We are travelling in mid June based in Grindelwald . We hope to go to Jungfrau 1 day and Murren another day and on 3rd day trip around Interlaken and Lake Thun OR bus to Meiringen with stops on way back . I went to SSB timetable and can get the bus times but I cannot find fares .

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    30 January 2018 at 9:43:16 #875402

My mistake, I looked at an earlier thread you had posted on and thought you were travelling early May. Bus fare is CHF55.20 full fare from what I can see. That’s for 1/3/2018. You can’t get fares more than 30 days out. See attached.

If you are going to Mürren a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (cogwheel train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schilthorn if you have time. Also Almenhubel Funicular. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Well worth a look.

• The thread ‘Bus fare and funicular in Grindelwald area’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.