Clarification travelling from Venice to Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2016 at 6:41:17 #810089

Hye. My name is khairin and i am from malaysia.

I will travelling from Venice to Interlaken west and stay there for 4 days 3 nights before leaving to Paris. I also plan to buy 4 days swiss travel pass. Together with me there is one adult, 2 seniors and 1 youth, overall is 5 with luggages. I read there’s a group saver discount and how can I purchase this group saver pass? Can i use together with swiss travel pass?

I also have done some readings and make my itinerary, but I need help from expert to assure the accuracies of my plan since this is our first time going to europe. I used myswissalp, blogs and google maps train schedule as reference

From my readings, on the first day, i will take morning train (i plan to use trenitalia) from venice santa lucia station to milan to domodossola, border swiss

From domodossola, i need to get out from trenitalia, validate my 4 days swiss travel pass there, and hop on swiss railway train to spiez. From spiez i need to take another swiss train to interlaken west. For all these trains I just need to show my validates swiss travel pass right? And do i need to make seat reservation for train from domodossola to spiez because of one hour journey?

I plan to visit jungfrau on the second day. Can you help to advise how and where can i make reservation for ski activities?

on the third day, i plan to explore interlaken area such as use lake boat for sightseeing from interlaken to thun,or go to other districts that are doable for one day trip.

On the fourth day morning time, i will use my swiss travel pass to travel for free from interlaken west to basel sbb station using train eurocities or ICE. I understand my free train ride with swiss travel pass ends here.

Thus from basel, i will use tgv lyria to travel to Paris Gare Lyon and I will book this using raileurope.com website. So this is my itali-swiss-paris plan, and can you help me to confirm whether i’m in the right track?

Million thanks for your help and I really cant wait to go to Switzerland! Always heard about its beauty, one day I’ll be there to witness it by my own.

p/s: attached with this post are the example of the train schedules from venice to interlaen west that i get from google maps

thank you,

Khairin (Malaysia)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 September 2016 at 7:14:36 #855942

Welcome Khairin!

There is no group saver pass anymore, that was discontinued a few years ago. There is a cheaper youth Swiss Travel Pass though.

Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price for how to buy. Be sure to print the pass at home to save time on the border. You don not need to get off the train in Domodossola. The printed pass is already valid; there is nothing else you need to do other than printing it.

You need a ticket Venice – Domodossola. You can purchase it through any of the websites listed here. It includes seat reservations.

You also need the Swiss Travel Pass as discussed above: you can visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass in 1 to 3 business days (no delivery fees). You don’t need seat reservations in Switzerland, just board any train.

And finally you need a ticket Basel – Paris. Note that RailEurope.com is a website for North-American travelers. I am not sure if you can buy there as you live in Malaysia. Suitable websites are listed here.

There is no skiing on Jungfraujoch. You’ll find details here.

You don’t need Google Maps for train schedules. You’d better get the from the Swiss timetable.

Have a wonderful trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2016 at 10:14:49 #855943

Thank you so much arno for your help ☺

• The thread ‘Clarification travelling from Venice to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.