Combining Bernese Oberland destinations in one day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2016 at 10:39:58 #809961

Hello.

As I have made my final plans, I would like to know which of the below areas of interest can be combined in the same day:

Destination 1:

Wengen to Männlichen Cableway; walk from Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg; walk the Eiger WALK down to Alpiglen; Train from Alpiglen to Grindelwald.

Destination 2:

Brienzer-Rothorn steam train return journey

Destination 3:

Cable to FIRST and walk to Bachalpsee

Destination 4:

Ride to Bern for day trip

Thanks and kind regards

Shariq

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 August 2016 at 14:05:39 #855425

Hi Shariq,

I would take an entire day for number 1, but if you start early and are an experienced hiker you could combine 1 & 3.

Number 2, 3 and 4 can be done in half a day each so can be combined. Again, you should start the day early.

Here’s more information:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2016 at 19:55:25 #855426

An extra ordinary day on Mannlichen-K. Scheidegg. Thanks to myswissalps team and special thanks to Slowpoke for their guidance on planning this round of trip.

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 August 2016 at 10:13:54 #855427

Glad to hear that! Thank you for sharing the pictures (they’re wonderful) and letting us know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2016 at 19:47:48 #855428

Another fine day today when we rode from Brienz to Rothorn. Some pictures to share the moments. Hope you enjoy them.

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 August 2016 at 8:26:22 #855429

Thanks for posting! Indeed, you are lucky enough to have a couple a days with clear skies. Wonderful!

Please feel free to post pictures or reports in the Trip reports forum. More people will see it there.

• The thread ‘Combining Bernese Oberland destinations in one day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.