Compare STP to HFC -more than 200CHF difference

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 4:13:19 #815904

Hello everyone,

I found just about every answer to every question I had about my swiss trip itinereary for July 14 to July 18 here.

So I decided to make my own table to calculate ticket costs. I must have done it wrong becuase there is a more than 230CHF difference between HFP ticket andSTP.

Can someone please review and see if it makes sense?

I would really appreciate it,

Thank you!!

edlr4ma

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 May 2018 at 4:44:29 #884929

Hello Edlr4ma and Welcome to MySwiss Alps,

I get the SHFC to add up to CHF432.40. I haven’t checked all the fares but the full fare Zurich to Wengen is CHF84.40 so CHF42.20 half fare. Apart from that the only other obvious thing I can see that looks odd is your Wengen to Jungfraujoch return tickets. SHFC is 50% discount and STP 25% discount for that trip. Did you check prices at bit.ly/2J5H92u?

What about return travel to Zurich or somewhere else? Or is that covered in your first line?

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 May 2018 at 4:56:15 #884930

Hi Edlr4ma,

How to find prices is explained on http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable, and a spreadsheet can be downloaded from http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 14:20:43 #884931

Thank you for all your help.

I finally figured it out!

edlr4ma

• The thread ‘Compare STP to HFC -more than 200CHF difference’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.