ferry time tables

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2015 at 11:53:27 #807258

Hello. We will be in interlaken in August, and one of the things we would like to do is go by ferry from Interlaken to Thun. I’m having great trouble finding a time table for departure. Could you point me in the right direction? Also a summer timetable for a cruise to Brienz. Thanks a lot.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    19 May 2015 at 15:03:43 #843225

Hello aussie! Links to the timetables can be found at the lower right corners of our pages on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz.

Are you able to find them now?

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    19 May 2015 at 17:41:08 #843226

Hi Aussie – If you have time on Lake Brienz, you might like to stop at Giessbach, and go up to the Grand Hotel Giessbach on their private funicular ( since 1877). They have a nice terraces for a meal or a drink. I suspect they don’t stock Foster’s but you never know. 😉

If you miss the next boat to continue, then the walk to Brienz is not too long – 6.5 km, about 1 hr 20 minutes.

http://www.giessbach.ch/en/hi storical-funicular-ra ilway.html

Once at Brienz, you might like to take the steam-powered cograil train up to the Brienzer Rothorn. Quite a ride in good weather.

http://www.myswissalps.com/br ienzerrothorn

And, if for some reason the links that Arno provided to the timetables are insufficient for you, you can also look in the Swiss Rail time tables –

http://www.sbb.ch/ en/ home.html

They cover trains, lake boats, buses and many cable cars for all of Switzerland, and also trains for journeys to /from Switzerland and another country.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2015 at 10:13:16 #843227

Hello Arno. I’m afraid that I am none the wiser re. ferry timetables. I can find train time tables, but not the ferry ones. I’m not worried about travel passes because we will have a travel pass by the time we travel. I think that I asked for a summer ferry time table a few years ago and it seemed so easy to get one. I can’t get the info. now for some reason.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2015 at 10:16:21 #843228

thanks for the info Slowpoke. It was very helpful. Still trying to find a ferry time table though!

Annika
    7115 posts
    20 May 2015 at 11:05:48 #843229

Hi aussie,

Sorry, we just found a technical issue that caused the links not being displayed. That has been solved and they’re now on the pages I referred to earlier. Look under ‘More on other websites’ please.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2015 at 2:27:17 #843230

Thanks Annika. This time I found the time tables. Many of the cruises seem to offer brunch etc. Are these special cruises or general ones with food being an option? Thanks again.

Arno
    15478 posts
    21 May 2015 at 6:43:53 #843231

Hello aussie,

All boats are general ones with optional food​. ​These are free with a Swiss Travel Pass​ (for example). Exceptions to that rule are marked with a special comment like “Only special tickets are valid for the lounge boat cruise”. Usually this only applies to ​boats in the evening.

• The thread ‘ferry time tables’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.