Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2019 at 6:38:16 #897364

Hello Sandy202 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

As your questions is not directly about the promotion of the seat reservation to the Jungfraujoch but rather a separate question about youth travel pass, may I ask you to open your own thread with this question?

This will allow more accurate input by other members to your questions.

Thanks a lot in advance, I’m looking forward to your thread.

Best,
    Steph

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/rules

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2019 at 23:29:08 #897365

Hi, Lucas.

i have similar questions as Ranell. My friends and I plan to buy a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass for our trip on May 11-15 and would also like to avail of the promo.

1) If we book the trip to Jungfraujoch on May 13 in advance and the weather on that day is not favorable, can we reset the reservation to May 14 without any penalties?

2) Given the time of the year, would you advice that we buy the STP ahead and book the Jungfraujoch ticket nearer the date of our trip even if we won’t be able to avail of the promo? We’ll still be able to get a 25% discount as long as we have the STP, right?

3) My other question is regarding the STP rate – is it fixed for a certain season or does it fluctuate? I’m evaluating whether to buy in advance now at €256 each or wait until we’re actually in Europe in May. What would you advice?

4) Finally, may I ask for your comment on our itinerary if it’s doable or too ambitious (hence, strenuous)?

May 11 – Arrive in Zurich from Paris at 2:30 PM, travel to Lucerne; Explore Lucerne in the late afternoon to evening

May 12 – Trip to Mount Rigi in the morning; Travel to Interlaken in the afternoon

May 13 – Top of Europe via Grindelwald; Visit Wengen and Lauterbrunnen after Jungfraujoch in the afternoon

May 14 – Day trip to Montreux to visit Chillon Castle, go to Gruyeres; return to Interlaken via Bern

May 15 – Depart Interlaken for Geneva for 3 PM flight to Barcelona

Thank you in advance, Lucas!

Elvie

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 April 2019 at 6:55:05 #897366

Hi Elvie,

1) That’s not possible unfortunately. Not that I know of anyway, but you can try to exchange it at a staffed train station and see what happens.

2) You don’t need to buy them together, unless you want to take advantage of the promotion. In any case I’d recommend to buy the pass in advance as that’s more convenient and gets you a PDF backup. You don’t have to buy way in advance though. A few working days is plenty of time as you normally receive it via e-mail within 5 to 30 minutes. Please find the purchase options here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

3) The basic price is fixed for a year, but promotions come and go, exchange rates change all the time, and retailers can charge a bit more or less than the basic price. Please see my previous link for the current offers. Also see http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/wheretobuy for more details.

4) Your itinerary is certainly doable. Full days but no issues. Montreux is quite close to Geneva. You can consider to ship your luggage to Geneva and go there at the end of day 14 to save travel time. If you have more itinerary questions, please post them in a new thread. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2019 at 9:06:21 #897367

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Arno, for the very quick response and guidance!

The link you sent allowed me to compare prices of different retailers which I didn’t know of and couldn’t have discovered on my own. I was able to avail of the limited promo rate for the STP 😊.

All the best to you and the rest of the team!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2019 at 10:39:58 #897368

Can i but the swiss travel pass online before my trip to Switzerland but only reserve my seats to jungfraujoch upon my arrival to interlaken?

The SBB shows CHF57 from interlaken Ost to Jungfraujoch, but your website shows the jungfraujoch tickets refer to Wenden and Griindelwaid and it costs over 150, why is that?

what is the discount on these tickets with a Swiss travel pass?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2019 at 15:23:33 #897369

Hi LLND and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You can buy the two things separately but will have to buy the reservation online to profit from the promotion.

The prices you see on the SBB page are by default setting Half Fare Card prices and mainly set for domestic travellers. So the option of “Swiss Travel Pass” is not available in the booking.

Do use the following purchase options, set for foreign travellers purchasing form abroad:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets

The “discount” is that you get a free seat reservation AND a Swiss Coupon Pass IN ADDITION to the pass and excursion ticket (which you have to buy anyway!)

Hope this answers your question.

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2019 at 3:49:05 #897370

I also want to purchase the Swiss Travel Pass and the ride to Jungfraujoch promotion so I can also take advantage of the free seat reservation. What happens if we end up cancelling due to weather? Will we be able to reserve a seat for free on a different day.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 May 2019 at 18:26:19 #897371

Hi RobinS,

As for cancelling your ticket, please see my reply to Elvie. The reservation is a different product than a ticket. You can theoretically reserve for any day and time you like, but of course it makes sense to do so for the day you have a ticket 🙂 So bottom line, once purchased the ticket is not flexible unfortunately, unless you’re lucky at the ticket office.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2019 at 0:01:43 #897372

Question, If I am traveling from Zurich Airport to Interlaken and staying in Lauterbrunnen and Wengen, going to Top of Europe and boat rides to Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, etc. what is the bet pass to buy if I am staying for 8 days. Thank you. Also, Is the ticket to Jungraujoch to Top of Europe? Trying to find best pass to buy, especially getting me from the airport to Interlaken which is a 2.25 hr ride!! Thinking of first class. Thank you so much for your help. Can I buy now?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2019 at 12:20:25 #897373

Hi Loris,

Your post is unrelated to the original discussion on this thread, and therefore it is best to create a new thread with your question, as per the forum rules: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/rules

You will get much better replies in this way!

Regarding your question, there are 3 links that are useful:

All the best on your travels,

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2019 at 22:20:22 #897374

Hi,

Ive been trying to purchase the tickets from Swiss Travel centre, but it keeps on rejecting my Credit card although we are sure we have no problems with the bank. Do you know why this is happening ?

The same thing happened when we tried purchasing from swissrailways.

appreciate your help. We really want to buy the tickets online together with the free seat reservation.

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 May 2019 at 12:31:08 #897375

Hi Fashawawa,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Foreign credit card issues are quite common with the domestic SBB website, but not with their Switzerland Travel Centre website. But of course things can go wrong anywhere unfortunately. Is https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/#/e n/product/swissPass the website you tried? I recommend to try again in a few hours. If that does not work, then contact them for advice: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/sbb.

Please let us know if/how this was solved, or if you need further assistance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2019 at 6:01:15 #897376

Hi Lucas,

May I know why the ticket to Jungfraujoch is cheaper with Half Fare compared to Swiss travel pass?

thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2019 at 7:07:19 #897377

Hi Arno,

Please ignore my previous greetings. I was going to say Hi Arno .

First Question:

May I know why the ticket to Jungfraujoch is cheaper with Half Fare compared to Swiss travel pass?

Second Question:

Can you take a look at my simple excel calculation. it looks like for myself, its cheaper to go with Swiss Half fare card + 4 days of driving instead of taking Swiss Travel Card + 4 days of driving.

what will I miss if I take the Swiss Half Fare instead of the Swiss Travel card?

thanks

farah

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 May 2019 at 7:54:11 #897378

Hi Farah 🙂

I can’t answer your first question as that’s a decision made by the federal railways and the Jungfrau Railways I guess. The price difference is not that big as the Swiss Travel Pass offers part of the trip for free and the last section is 25% off. The Swiss Half Fare Card offers 50% off of everything. So it depends on your starting point what the exact costs will be.

As for your second question:

Please post further question in a new thread. This thread is only about the specific promotion discussed here.

Whit
    Participant
    15 posts
    30 May 2019 at 22:33:47 #897379

Bought a Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfraujoch ticket from STC. These were sent overnight by Swiss Post. The Jungfraujoch ticket in this case came as an open ticket valid from 1 June to 31 August. Very good! I was afraid it might be for a set date (the Start Date on the web form, where I’d just put in the first day of pass use).

But there’s nothing about the promotion’s promise of a free Junfraujoch reservation. And nothing about the “Digital Coupon Book.” I’ve emailed STC to ask how this works. But does someone here know? Is it normal to have no sign yet of these advertised promotional items?

Whit

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 May 2019 at 6:18:32 #897380

Hi Whit,

You should already have received an e-mail with instructions regarding the seat reservations and Swiss Coupon Pass. If there’s no e-mail in your spam folder either, I recommend to get in touch in STC.

Whit
    Participant
    15 posts
    31 May 2019 at 13:42:15 #897381

Hi Arno,

They had not sent me that email automatically. But in response to my email query, they have now responded with the seat reservation and digital coupon pass URLs and code. It would seem they have not fully automated the sending of that email, so it depends on their staff remembering that step.

It would also be useful if they would include a note with the tickets saying to expect that email. Their site doesn’t make these details at all clear. Considering how well Swiss trains run, it’s odd to see a branch of the railroad company being less than efficient. They’ve been perfectly friendly though.

Best,

Whit

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 May 2019 at 15:45:58 #897382

Hi Whit,

As far as I know it’s indeed a manual process, as with many temporary promotions. Also they have made changes to their web shop recently, so that may have caused some issues. Anyway, you’re all set now I think. Enjoy the trains!

Whit
    Participant
    15 posts
    31 May 2019 at 17:49:03 #897383

Hi Arno,

Looks like I’m set for the Jungfrau reservation capability. The digital coupons have another hurdle. Flonsolutions has set it up so the way to get the coupons onto your phone is to click on an email link while reading the email on your phone. I do not — and cannot with my email provider — read email on my phone.

There’s a standard way of handling this: embedding a QR code image (one of those square things) in the email, and then scanning it with a QR reader with a phone. Here in the States it’s not common to use phones for email. We use SMS or messaging apps instead. Is there a workaround for Flonsolutions’ lack of standard QR-code capability here? An app to download and a code to enter by hand perhaps?

Thanks,

Whit

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 164 total)
  • The thread ‘Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.