Geneva station: changing trains to Montreux

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2016 at 3:45:05 #808321

Hi! Me and my friends are going to Switzerland this coming April.

We plan to buy Swiss Travel Pass online before arriving in Switzerland to make our journey easier.

We will coming from Paris by TGV train to Geneva. From Geneva to Montreux by train, and plan to experience the Golden Pass Panoramic train from Montreux to Interlaken.

I’ve checked the train schedule and we’ll arrive at Geneva Station at 1016am. But the very next train from Geneva to Montreux is at 1030am; from Platform 4.

The Golden Pass Panoramic train departs from Montreux at 1140am.

My questions are:

1) Which platform is for the TGV train that arrives from Paris?

2) How far the platforms are? Is it possible for us to rush from TGV train to Platform 4 in this 14mins time?

3) If not possible, is there any suggestion so that we can reach Montreux before 1140am? By bus perhaps?

4) Or should we wait for the next train to Geneva instead? But that means we’re going to miss the 1144am Golden Pass Train form Montreux.

I hope that someone who is familiar with Geneva Station can answer my questions. Thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 January 2016 at 11:07:20 #847960

Welcome to MySwissAlps Hidayah!

1) I think it’s usually 7 or 8. The timetable provides such details.

2) 14 minutes is a lot of time to change trains in Switzerland. Absolutely no problem. You’ll spend more time waiting than walking from one place to the other. You just need to take the stairs down and the next stairs up. I attached a map of the station (available on the SBB site).

3) The train is the fastest and only feasible way. Alternatives are much slower.

4) I assume you mean the next train to Montreux? The next train won’t be in time for the 11:44 train. In that case you can take a regular train from Montreux to Zweisimmen and onwards.

You can buy the Swiss Travel Pass from http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and print it at home.

Have a good trip!

• The thread ‘Geneva station: changing trains to Montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.